Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
9-11 Retrospection
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Re: 9-11 Retrospection

DevastatorJr. wrote:

When I look at the vehemence with which "conspiracy theories" are shouted down here, the way anyone who questions the idea that there might be more to the 9-11 attacks than official opinion dictates are instantly labeled blind fools, it makes me wonder why?

Is there any real moral difference between killing people by crashing airplanes into buildings and dropping bombs on them? If someone would do the one thing, why not the other? Do you really think it matters that one group is labeled "Us" and the other "Them" to the perpetrators of such acts?

I think some people are afraid of the idea that the rich and powerful may not have our best interests at heart, and may even be actively predatory. It's frightening, yes I know, but with the world situation as desperate as it is, I think it might be time for us to consider it. I think it might be true.

I hope you're not referring to me. I was responding to specific ideas that the world trade centers were blown up by explosives. I have no naivete about the ideas you are putting forth. I do think though, that the complexity in the issues you are discussing deserve more than the lip service that some people give, and have their own version of an us and them mentality, ie: us against our own government. It sounds just like what the tea party thinks. The government is evil, less government, so we can independently be ignorant and ruin the earth with no environmental regulation, etc etc etc. Of course the people with money are powerful, have their own interests, and will do whatever they can, and have their fingers deeply in the pockets of the politicians. And Bush and his cohorts were a huge party to that. Let's take a good look at the republican party for example, shall we?

http://www.truth-out.org/goodbye-all-reflections-gop-operative-who-left-cult/1314907779

Sep 08, 2011, 18:26

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

DevastatorJr.
DevastatorJr.
961 posts

cyberpainter wrote:

I hope you're not referring to me.

Nah, I was trying not to be specific, I just sort of noticed five guys jumping on one guy or something like that. I was a little surprised.

Sep 08, 2011, 19:13

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

What have morals got to do with it?

Sep 08, 2011, 23:12

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

You are paranoid, I don't hate the USA or any country for that matter, just because I may doubt an official story doesn't mean I hate anyone or anything....

Sep 08, 2011, 23:15

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Just to confirm, all I'm saying is that I don't know who did it, if you feel you do know then good for you, I'm glad you have an answer you're happy with.....

Sep 08, 2011, 23:18

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

I believe you are right.....

Sep 08, 2011, 23:26

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

You have spoken well and true, it's good to hear it........

Sep 08, 2011, 23:28

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1218 posts

Don't get me wrong. It's perfectly reasonable to carry reservations about the motives of the US government (or any other government, for that matter). It's also a wonderful and healthy thing for people to be skeptical of the news reports that they're given, and I'm very grateful that there are folks out there who care enough to ask questions and dig deeper into the stories.

However, there's a difference between a search for the truth and a conspiracy theory: the reasonable person will give consideration the answers that they find, while the mad conspiracy theorist will never give up his quixotic struggle. If a person is willing to start questioning the most self-evident laws of physics in order support an outlandish theory, then they've gone a bit too far in my book.

Sep 08, 2011, 23:32

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

My thoughts exactly, I try to keep an open mind when hearing any theories, conspiracy or otherwise. The oil excuse is a big one and fits some theories very well indeed.........

Sep 08, 2011, 23:32

JS
JS
489 posts

Still true to this day:

“If U.S. foreign policy results in massive death and destruction abroad, we cannot feign innocence when some of that destruction is returned.”

Ward Churchill

Sep 10, 2011, 18:57

Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index