Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
9-11 Retrospection
92 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Re: 9-11 Retrospection

My wife and I were in a car driving up the M6 to Scotland, we were going to Edinburgh and there were 2 Americans in the car with us.
When the event took place the radio station we were listening to was of course interrupted with the news as it was happening, I had no idea what the world trade centre was or where it was before that day, the Americans in the car told us what they knew about it and I remember how stunned they looked.
It was only later that I realised the buildings were the ones in "Escape From New York" the John Carpenter film.
There are mixed opinions in Britain about the whole thing, a lot of people increasingly seem to think that the C.I.A. planned the whole thing to be used as an excuse to invade the Arab nations and steal their wealth, whereas others are happy with the official version of events, as for myself I'm not sure who did it, but whoever did do it set in motion a terrible chain of events.
I saw a documentary about the structure of the building which was very interesting and some film footage seemed to show that the towers were demolished in the same way that a steeplejack would bring down huge chimneys.
But like I said, I don't know who did it, it's just another one of those awful tragic events that countries suffer from time to time, I'm not belittling what happened and certainly don't condone it, but some countries have a history of long and awful suffering, look at the Palestinians in our present time and in the past the African peoples and Irish have suffered terrible persecutions. I think that the citizens of the U.S.A. and Great Britain have it pretty easy compared to the vast majority of countries around the world and I for one am grateful for this, it's just my thoughts of late, love to all, Joe.

Sep 07, 2011, 00:14

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: