Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
9-11 Retrospection
92 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

DevastatorJr.
DevastatorJr.
961 posts

Re: 9-11 Retrospection

Mu Mu wrote:

Did they erode civil liberties only for people they don't like, or everyone, themselves included?

Do Iraqi's own their own oil? Yes.

I'm not buying it.

And I'm not selling. Well, maybe just a little bit...

1. First, it depends on who you mean by "they" when it comes to the erosion of civil liberties. If you're rich and empowered, you can afford to make your own rules, it's the average citizen who has to deal with the consequences of the Patriot Act and the like, not our shadowy "They".

2. Do Iraqi's own their own oil? That's a complicated question, it's more about the rights to drilling contracts than it is about "owning" the stuff in the ground. Again, it depends on who you mean by "Iraqi's" and how much you really own anything at the end of a the barrel of a gun.

Everybody believes what they want to believe. I just wanted to point out the anger and name-calling aroused by even the suggestion of something being fishy. That's what I don't get.

Sep 08, 2011, 17:58

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: