Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
worst songs of the 90's per Rolling Stone
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

Re: The real worst songs of the 90's

Didn't hear the bonus cut...can't imagine I missed anything! :)

Sep 07, 2011, 22:10

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

the lyrics aren't my favorite, but I enjoy the strings in the latter part of that song. I can see why it didn't make the cut.

Sep 07, 2011, 22:20

hito
hito
1745 posts

"Rolling Stone: irrelevant since 1971"

ZZZ. Just shows how cutting edge Rolling Stone is. Tough talk. It's a bit like picking on Bhutan for being poor or old people for not being cool.

Sep 08, 2011, 01:37

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

Re:

hito wrote:
ZZZ. Just shows how cutting edge Rolling Stone is. Tough talk. It's a bit like picking on Bhutan for being poor or old people for not being cool.

Or Rolling Stone for not being cutting edge.
Zzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggg!

Sep 08, 2011, 18:11

DevastatorJr.
DevastatorJr.
961 posts

Velvet Water even? How can you not like that?

Sep 08, 2011, 19:15

hito
hito
1745 posts

Re:

You got me there :)

Sep 08, 2011, 20:53

hito
hito
1745 posts

Re: worst songs of the 90's per Rolling Stone

When did they release this?

Sep 08, 2011, 20:57

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

I saw it posted on Yahoo news and it made me chuckle. this weekend I might check out the top 100 songs for each year of the 90's to see what other songs live up to these cringe-worthy standards. I might need some of them.

as much as I totally get why "What's Up" by the 4 Non Blondes annoys the F out of people, I don't get why it's in their top 10. the 90's produced much worse than that.

Sep 08, 2011, 21:14

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

meanchico wrote:
as much as I totally get why "What's Up" by the 4 Non Blondes annoys the F out of people, I don't get why it's in their top 10. the 90's produced much worse than that.

At the time, I actually enjoyed that album somewhat. I thought it was catchy and still don't hate it. I read the same article you did, and it was interesting that the lead singer hated the production of that album and it made her cry when she heard it for the first time (except for 1 song on there).

Tubthumping wasn't bad, either (at least half of it, besides the chorus).

Sep 08, 2011, 22:56

vodka5
266 posts

i like cobra, tho maybe its too left-field and not enough musicism.

i think it was an awakening for d+b heads.

so some think its not 'proper music'

i admit in my days of youth i didn't know 'proper music'

Sep 09, 2011, 00:46

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index