Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
I LIKE AMERICANS
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1218 posts

Re: I LIKE AMERICANS

lereostab wrote:
What are you on man??

Caffeine, mostly.

Sep 09, 2011, 02:30

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

vivakomeda
744 posts

Dodging it.

If you HONESTLY, deep down inside, think there is a chance the US Gov't sponsored 9-11, then you should not like the USA.

You can't have it both ways.

Sep 09, 2011, 03:26

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Sounds pretty extreme to me, I must either love America or hate it, can't I just be not too bothered about it? or is that not o.k.?
I don't really care who blew up the towers.
And a government is not representative of the whole country nor is it by any means the identity of the people, have you not realised this yet?
Yes I like a lot of Americans that I've met and I also like the Arabs that I've met.
It's funny because if someone started a thread saying they liked the English, I'd say thanks, maybe there is a lot of paranoia in America and a lot of national pride by the sound of it.
The American empire is starting it's inevitable decline and the Chinese are set to take it's place, but who really cares? what can you do about it? So just naff off with your silly moral conundrums, kind regards, Joe.

Sep 09, 2011, 04:15

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

I certainly do!

Sep 09, 2011, 04:16

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Because I wanted to.

Sep 09, 2011, 04:17

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

It's alright Corporal, Mrs Clegg must be proud of you!

Sep 09, 2011, 04:19

hito
hito
1745 posts

lereostab wrote:
Sounds pretty extreme to me, I must either love America or hate it, can't I just be not too bothered about it? or is that not o.k.?
I don't really care who blew up the towers

Clearly you have an opinion about it. I don't think anyone is simply "not bothered". I also think it is patronising to post a lot of ideas about Sep 11 and then say that you don't care.
lereostab wrote:
It's funny because if someone started a thread saying they liked the English, I'd say thanks...

This is disingenuous in the extreme. You didn't simply start a thread to say you liked Americans.

In line with my original post, you have simply split the debate into two threads. I am quite supportive of your right to voice objections to the popular narrative. I also accept that you have a right to start 1000 threads like your friend 78 sluss but it is poor ettiquite to do so.

Sep 09, 2011, 05:20

vivakomeda
744 posts

lereostab wrote:
I don't really care who blew up the towers.

You don't?

Sep 09, 2011, 06:23

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

No, I don't care who blew up the towers, I didn't say I felt nothing about the event itself, as it was truly awful. Even if they were to find who really did it beyond a shadow of a doubt, it changes nothing.
Is vengeance the answer to acts of violence? I'm not convinced that it is, but that appears to be what the American government are doing with their interference in the Arabian nations.
How often have you travelled outside of the USA? (I don't mean to other western so called democratic nations, I mean further afield i.e. the Middle East, Africa,or India)when you are in other nations and countries the news is very different, who you choose to believe is up to you, all governments have a need to keep control of the people and the media is one of their most powerful tools.
Don't tell me I need to sit on one side of the fence or the other because I won't.
I love Britain but I don't love it's government or any of it's past governments, I love the country itself, you know the beaches the trees and wide open spaces and the everyday people who live in my road and neighbourhood.
To sum up, I was very disturbed at what happened to New York on that day and I felt sad and confused like a lot of people, but I will not take sides or swear alliegience to any political ideal because it's those ideals that kill thousands of people, I didn't mean to be offensive in my last post, I'm sorry, kind regards, Joe.

Sep 09, 2011, 12:59

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

lereostab wrote:
Because I wanted to.

This is hito's forum, he runs it and he makes the rules here. How dare you start a separate thread about something without his prior approval. You must follow hito's rules of forum etiquette always and forever. Remember, whatever you do doesn't matter, it's all about hito.

Sep 09, 2011, 15:42

Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index