Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
I LIKE AMERICANS
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

hito
hito
1745 posts

Re: I LIKE AMERICANS

Mu Mu wrote:

Read the "Introduce Yourself" thread, where everyone else talks a short bit about themself (except you)...

I didn't and won't be. All the talk of crazy stalkers over the years is enough to keep my cards pretty close. When you have people ringing work, church and whatnot all over internet chatter, well...sometimes I wish I hadn't said as much as I have. Some members seem to have slight disorders (and I am not talking about people like dara who simply dislike me) and everything people say is open to the public, so I say, I am hito.

Sep 15, 2011, 13:44

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

No mate, we're too incompatible, I hate lager and I don't eat fish and chips (too many carbs) but I would happily meet you for a cup of tea (no sugar) and show you around my nearest town, let me know if you make it as far down as Cornwall, kind regards Joe.

Sep 15, 2011, 13:55

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

lereostab wrote:
No mate, we're too incompatible...

...I would happily meet you for a cup of tea

I'm getting mixed signals.

Warmest regards, peace be with you, lots of love, with warmth and gratitude, with all best wishes, you're always in my thoughts, you're in my prayers...

Mu

Sep 15, 2011, 20:25

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

My family is from Jacksonville! ! woo hoo
not to be morbid, but my burial plot is there.

I'm glad you like Amaricans. Lately I've been on a nationality kick that we can't trust each other when it comes to nationality, that nationality must always and will always supercede "friendship" on either side of the pond.
I've lessened this view a little and I realize that a great many people around the world truly do WANT to be Americans and that is their wish and they have no intentions of causing harm.
I had become extremely rigid in my views seeing the English as potential enemies which is just loco. I was off my rocker. I like Great Britain very much.

Sep 17, 2011, 18:31

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

I had started to concentrate on what is happening stateside and take a less international view. I began to be concerned about safety here and the great many social problems here in America, their solutions, causes and prevention, if any. How we could change what is going on here.
I'm at a stalemate, so I decided it's okay to be friendly with foreigners. It beats being bitter.

Sep 17, 2011, 18:38

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

s_lush_s wrote:
I had started to concentrate on what is happening stateside and take a less international view. I began to be concerned about safety here and the great many social problems here in America, their solutions, causes and prevention, if any. How we could change what is going on here.
I'm at a stalemate, so I decided it's okay to be friendly with foreigners. It beats being bitter.

Because I realized these countries weren't perfect like us (ha!). They too had longstanding social problems plaguing them and through intelligence we all could work together to alleviate or eliminate some of the most persistent. But I am a little weary of a stranger, even an American.

Sep 17, 2011, 18:42

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Hi, I try to ignore nationality as much as possible and just see human beings, whether Arab, British, African, Indian, American, German or whatever, I live in Britain but I don't swear allegiance to any government or political ideal as I feel that robs me of something, I would do my best to help any one in need regardless of their nationality or politics.
Being a Christian it really boils down to loving my fellow humans as best I can, there is so much suffering in the world and a lot of it seems to be caused by political ideals and greed.
The American empire will go the same way that the British empire did, it's inevitable and another country will take over (probably China) and maybe they'll be better at trying to control the world than America have been or Britain was, who knows.
Great Britain is an idea as America is an idea, but it's not what we are, it's just where we are at the present time, we didn't create the idea of these nations we just happened to be born in them and that wasn't our choice, don't get me wrong I think Britain is a great place to live and I'm grateful for it as I'm sure you are for America, but imagine if we'd been born in Palestine then our view of the world would be very different indeed, wouldn't it?
Thanks for sharing, kind regards Joe.

Sep 18, 2011, 00:36

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

I didn't understand your response,

Sep 18, 2011, 00:42

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

okay no I think Palenstines have the same kind of nationalism obviously. A very leading question; you should be ashamed of yourself. At least Palestine isn't a monarchy or a sheikdom teeming in blood and oil.
you're sick, JOE
kind regards,
slush.

Sep 18, 2011, 00:54

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

You have misunderstood my point, I think what has happened to the people of Palestine is atrocious, they have been constantly bullied and persecuted by the Israeli government in their own land, I fully support their desire to be free from this appalling treatment and have their homeland restored to them, so what is it that I am meant to be ashamed of?? I don't understand what you mean........

Sep 18, 2011, 04:31

Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index