Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Now listening?
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

nsc283b
405 posts

Re: Now listening?

Alice In The Underworld - Scarlet's Well
The Isle Of The Blue Flowers - Scarlet's Well
Self Titled 2nd Album - Penguin Cafe Orchestra
Another Party (2CD Compilation)- Winifred Atwell

Sep 15, 2011, 21:47

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1218 posts

musicforeels wrote:

Reckon you might like this too:

Yeah! Thanks.

Sep 16, 2011, 02:35

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

No one is a completely lost cause........

Sep 16, 2011, 02:57

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

nsc283b wrote:
Alice In The Underworld - Scarlet's Well
The Isle Of The Blue Flowers - Scarlet's Well
Self Titled 2nd Album - Penguin Cafe Orchestra
Another Party (2CD Compilation)- Winifred Atwell

Happy to see that I am not the only Scarlet's Well fan on the planet :)
Pretty great stuff from that band. RIYL the Monochrome Set, or the Úl Records label.

Sep 16, 2011, 05:17

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Listening to Le Futur Pompiste s/t. I think Tommyboy was the one who sent me the first one long ago to check out. Thanks Thomas!

Sep 16, 2011, 06:09

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

lereostab wrote:
What an excellent cover picture, what's the music like? I haven't heard a lot of Fourtet but what I have heard I like, cheers......

It's a 'DJ Mix' album. Some of the music is by Four Tet.

I'd call it dance music, myself, but those in the know call it "garage, post-garage, grime". Don't let that put you off though. It's very, very classy.

Sep 16, 2011, 06:51

thomas2
thomas2
1692 posts

Renegade Soundwave - Murder Music

Sep 16, 2011, 17:59

nsc283b
405 posts

I like Scarlet's well very much, especially the earlier albums. Lots of very good, and varied vocalists. I especially like the singing of the young Alice Healey and also Julia Stone, Elizabeth Bean, and Florence.

Sep 17, 2011, 00:40

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

UiLab

Sep 17, 2011, 03:01

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

GaryB2 wrote:

Sep 17, 2011, 17:21

Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index