Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Introduce Yourself
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Re: Introduce Yourself

Hey, yes my real name is Joe, I live a couple of miles outside of St.Ives in Cornwall U.K. I am 43 years old.
I'm married to Liz and we have one son, Jorge who is 7 and educated at home.
We have a retired greyhound called Flob who is having a well earned rest from his racing days, he was a champion having come 1st place 28 times.
I don't work anymore as I have disabilities related to my spine (ouch!) I used to work with horses and was gutted when I had to stop because I love horses and used to really enjoy my work.
I am a Christian, I don't go to church as I feel it's irrelevant to where I'm at in my faith.
How's that Mu? love to all, Joe.

Sep 15, 2011, 00:13

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

vodka5
266 posts

i feel the same about church, tho i'm jewish.

long story.

Sep 15, 2011, 00:34

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Sounds interesting, tell us more please.....

Sep 15, 2011, 00:36

vodka5
266 posts

well i go to a church group with my mates who are christians, at costas.

it made me think of converting. but then i went to a church. and felt it just didn't hit where i'm at.

in terms of spirituality.

i havn't converted. but the fact that usual religous practice isn't where i'm at, had me think i was an athiest for a while.

but truth is, i'm spiritual.

Sep 15, 2011, 01:46

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Yeah, unfortunately the church has often given a real bad image of what it means to be a Christian, they are always telling you how to think and how to be a Christian, but the real message gets lost in all of that stuff and religious crap.
The real message being that God loves us a whole lot, way more than we are able to comprehend, he proved it by becoming a man and dying for us, that's the cure for what's wrong with humanity, we simply believe he did it for us because we know we couldn't do it ourselves, there is no greater demonstration of love and never will be, never forget he loves you, he doesn't want you to follow rules and regulations on how to be a nice person, life is crap at times but he's with you in it all, always.
I converted (as you put it) in 1994, I was in a drug running house in Hampshire and this guy turned up and started telling me how much God loved me and had proved it in Jesus death for me(he had some guts because he could easily have been killed by coming there, especially with what he was telling us) a few days later after much anguish and soul searching the wall of pride and fear finally broke down and Jesus came rushing in, it was fear of the unknown that kept me on my guard against God, also a deep rooted fear that I was unacceptable because of my lifestyle and the things I'd done, I was involved in some really heavy scenes, but now I'm glad to say that's all 17 years away and thanks to Jesus I have a totally different life and have no desire to go back to all that old crap.
I really hope you find him soon man, I'll be praying for you.
No doubt some folk on this forum are going to be upset with what I've said, but I don't mind if I get slagged off for being myself and speaking the truth, it's the truth that most folk find offensive because God's existence can't be proved by the god of science, but that's why faith is superior to science because He can only be known through direct experience, there is no method of proving Him.
Science and logic are the modern day gods that atheists worship.
Keep your heart open, God loves you, Joe.

Sep 15, 2011, 03:13

nsc283b
405 posts

Hello Joe. Well said, and good on you for saying so. I generally agree with what you say. I'm 47 years old and have had total faith and belief in God since the age of 16. I, too, do not go to church as I have always felt that I do not need to be in a special building to speak to God or feel his presence. I just need to be in the place that's comfortable to me. However, I do at times review that stance. I do pray and read my Bible every night before going to bed. Due to my total faith and belief, I rarely worry about anything, and have an inner peace and contentment. I value the simple things in life, and helping others, which to me are of more importance than money and material possessions. No matter what happens in my life, I have total belief and faith that God will look after me. It's a wonderful feeling.

Sep 15, 2011, 22:12

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Hi there, I am so encouraged by your words, thanks for posting them.
We must meet up and have a cup of tea sometime if you want to, what a small world these internet forums are eh?
I too regularly pray and read the scriptures, I struggled in my early years because I never felt I could meet the standards of the church and so I felt guilty and all that, but since we took the step of leaving the church 10 years ago now, God just opened my eyes and ears to a complete focus on what Jesus has done as opposed to what I thought I should have been doing and now I see that I wasn't meant to nor could I come up to those standards of perfection and that's why Jesus did it for us, thank God for that, so now I have peace that passes all understanding and live from His life in me, as Paul talks about in Galatians Ch 2 vs 20.
Good to hear from you mate and hope you are well, kind regards Joe.

Sep 15, 2011, 22:58

meanchico
meanchico
2697 posts

Ross
32 yrs old
Minneapolis, MN
I monitor and fund construction loans for community lending projects (stressful, yet mildly rewarding)
I just bought a house with my boyfriend of 5 yrs
I have no desire for children which works out well being queer and all.
I hate driving, but miss my car
I'm kind of a wine-o (white)
I like trashy movies/tv
gay culture annoys me
political and religious discussions annoy me even more
I hate messy homes
I do love a good plaid print.
I appreciate all the music related feedback recommendations and discussions here

Sep 16, 2011, 00:07

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Hi,
I couldn't agree more with you about the messy homes, I hate them, I dread going to see my wifes sister and husband, they never throw anything out and worst of all they never vacuum, arrgh!! you can see a layer of dust on everything in their house, I feel really uncomfortable whenever I'm there, the bathroom is beyond belief and makes me feel sick.
As it happens I have a very bad back problem which often seems to flare up the day before we are due to visit them, funny that!
all the best, Joe.

Sep 16, 2011, 00:29

nsc283b
405 posts

Yes Joe, I am well thank you. Yes, we will meet up some time. We'll arrange something in due course. We have many things in common, including a bad back, but mine's nowhere near as bad as yours it seems.

Sep 17, 2011, 00:50

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index