Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Introduce Yourself
64 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Babylon01
Babylon01
183 posts

Re: Introduce Yourself

lereostab wrote:
In 1985 I was on the beach in Weston Super Mare and I lost my house keys somewhere in the "mud" I remember the fast tides too, there's some lovely views around your way and I remember walking out on a long spit of land but can't recall it's name.........

Hey Joe, the spit of land would either be Sand Point or Brean Down -it is scenic, if staring over several miles of muddy water at Cardiff's your thing, but give me Cornwall any day. Went down to the Eden Project last year -fantastic countryside and coast around there; Mevagissey's very picturesque -that much I know.

To return to Weston: there's always some dumb brummie getting stuck in the mud and the tidal range is huge, the bed gradient shallow, so the risk of drowning consequently great. Most of them get plucked out before the sea gets them though, which is nice. We have a lovely new pier after the old one burned down, and a rather dashing square with restored fountain. Maybe time to pay another visit..?

Hope your back gets sorted -tough to be stuck with that long-term...

Sep 17, 2011, 18:46

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: