Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
How would you describe your musical taste?
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Re: How would you describe your musical taste?

Dara wrote:
I listen to Soma FM - 'The Drone Zone' on iTunes radio all the time and have quite a collection of it ripped from SomaFM, which I listen to whilst gliding through the Dutch countryside on the train - a truly magical experience sometimes with the big skies we have here...

http://somafm.com/play/dronezone

Interesting to think about people listening to somafm around the world. You know soma means south of Market, in downtown San Francisco.

Sep 16, 2011, 04:36

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Dara
Dara
905 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
Interesting to think about people listening to somafm around the world. You know soma means south of Market, in downtown San Francisco.

Hmm - an interesting acronym that then. Is it really what it means? - I always thought it was a reference to the opium of the masses Aldous Huxley prescribed to us all in his prescient book Brave New World. Not to mention it's connection with Vedic scriptures and the Soma Mandala in the Rigveda...

Sep 16, 2011, 07:51

Dara
Dara
905 posts

lereostab wrote:
...Celer albums on Blackest Rainbow ...Home Normal at the moment... "Spectra of Air" by Taishi Kamiya, and "Unstable Equilibrium" by Isnaj Dui, ... on the Taalem label called "All At Once Is What Eternity Is" ... (you know what's coming next) kind regards, Joe.

I think what happened to Danielle Baquet-Long is really tragic. Imagine waking up to find the person you love laying dead beside you. Sometimes melancholia has deeply spiritual roots...

Thanks Joe, I will check these out and report back sometime in the not too distant future.

Sep 16, 2011, 08:15

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Dara wrote:
cyberpainter wrote:

Hmm - an interesting acronym that then. Is it really what it means? - I always thought it was a reference to the opium of the masses Aldous Huxley prescribed to us all in his prescient book Brave New World. Not to mention it's connection with Vedic scriptures and the Soma Mandala in the Rigveda...

Hehe, well, it is located in SoMa, but yeah, er, all those other things...

Sep 16, 2011, 09:31

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Absolutely, how awful for Will and she was only 26, heart failure at that age, makes you realise how fragile life is doesn't it?
Celer's output is huge when you consider how young she was. She also released some material under the name Chubby Wolf which is very good too....

Sep 16, 2011, 14:22

MY RETURN
1963 posts

Re: ecclectic

I through in a reply before I rushed off. I've caught bad spelling by you too. So what. It doesn't change the fact that you're worthless.

Sep 16, 2011, 17:01

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

MY RETURN wrote:
I through in a reply

:threw

And it's not just your spelling that makes you ignorant.

Sep 16, 2011, 18:19

Chees0
Chees0
37 posts

Squirrel M. Nutter wrote:
MY RETURN wrote:
I through in a reply

But never as much as me!

Sep 16, 2011, 19:07

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

Chees0 wrote:
MY RETURN wrote:
I through in a reply

But never as much as me!

Yes, none as ignorant as you, Chees0.

Sep 16, 2011, 20:37

MY RETURN
1963 posts

Squirrel

..it's not just your spelling that makes you ignorant.

It's a forum. I'm usually here when I'm doing other things. My spelling is the least of your concerns. Go outside. Get some fresh air. You might actually make REAL friends. ;)

Sep 16, 2011, 22:51

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index