Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
How would you describe your musical taste?
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

Re: Squirrel

No, banned troll, you go out and try to make real friends, and stop stinking up the forum with the dumb crap you post.

Sep 16, 2011, 23:10

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Re: How would you describe your musical taste?

well, I'm still into classical. but I must admit, some of the music I've been hearing lately is pretty cornball. I'm longing to hear something good.
Also I like the blues.
I marvel at Saties' versatility to sound like a mourning chopin and then he transforms into this Italian virtuoso. I enjoy him.
I haven't been into anything lately that did anything for me. Me I've been singing these doowop songs. I met this guy in Dallas he said he was Berry Gordy's cousin; that was probably his pick up line. hahahaha I don't believe him but shortly after I met him I found myself sing doowop. which I enjoy. :)

Sep 17, 2011, 18:00

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

too bad stereolab won't get back together. and what about that atlas sound?? will broadcast carry on as an instrumental ??
all these questions and more will be answered in time.
I must be content with Snot Music and the Trip which are stellar.
Maybe they'll pick up a groovy new band that will rock and roll. that would be cool.

yea, i need some engrossing ear candy. I'm weary of the pabulum, it's not for me; I'm full grown, adult, mature. but sometimes it is fun to just weeeee not need to carry the weight of the world through music.

high llamas is good. and a lot of other bands are good too many to mention I should investigate.
I've been listening to jazz lately. but it all kind of sounds alike and the improvs are kind of predictable. but I listen to it anyway

Sep 17, 2011, 18:12

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

I would describe my musical taste as this:

RETRO-FLORIDIAN WORLD

Sep 17, 2011, 18:16

Cheeso
Cheeso
642 posts

Thats redundant

Sep 20, 2011, 04:43

hito
hito
1745 posts

Reply to lereostab

I do explore different genres but haven't done so for a while. Well, I guess it depends what you mean. I listen to rock, pop, dance, metal, hiphop etc but consider them all part of the pop music genre. I figure everyone involved came from the same tree to some extent. Historically - at least I think - even grindcore comes from the same music that started Bill Haley, the Beatles and so on.
As for jazz or classical or true folk or African tribal or whatever, less so these days. The African rhythms I get from Here we go magic and the jazz I get from Stereolab and the classical I get from Kreng. I have been listening to some different stuff on the radio but not religiously.
To show how lame I can be, I was listening to ELO's "Out of the Blue" last night.

Oct 27, 2011, 12:40

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

Re: Reply to lereostab

[quote="hito"ELO[/quote]

I'm ashamed to say I don't own any ELO records.

Oct 27, 2011, 14:03

Stereo Mouse
Stereo Mouse
634 posts

Re: Reply to lereostab

Me neither. But I'm checking out the very first ELO album with multi-instrumentalist Roy Wood. I think I'm quite likely to prefer this first album largely to the post-Wood ELO.

Oct 27, 2011, 20:00

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

i like music that is generally psychedelic. that's broad, but any and all styles of music applied in a way that please all 6 of my senses...i can dig. whenever i read a review of a new album or artist and they describe it as "psychedelic" i get excited.

i'm a freakin freak and i embrace it.

Oct 27, 2011, 20:08

78_sluss_s
78_sluss_s
227 posts

Mars Rover wrote:
i like music that is generally psychedelic. that's broad, but any and all styles of music applied in a way that please all 6 of my senses...i can dig. whenever i read a review of a new album or artist and they describe it as "psychedelic" i get excited.

i'm a freakin freak and i embrace it.

Have you listened to Wooden Shjips?

Oct 27, 2011, 20:09

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index