Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Laetita photos from last evening...
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

Re: Laetita photos from last evening...

I agree about the haircut: it doesn't look very nice :-)
But the 60's style little dress is pretty though.

Sep 27, 2011, 09:46

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

meanchico
meanchico
2697 posts

I'm pissed I didn't make it to that show. Waxenpith and I went to Laetitia/Beirut and the chatter was rough. At one point she politely addressed it: "this song is a quiet song (Statues Can Bend); I hope you can hear it." le sigh.

she sure looks good though! she also sang a stripped down version of "International Colouring Contest." evidently she also swims every day. just CD's and vinyl at the merch table.

I was hesitant about the haircut, but she rocks it. she's so beautiful!

Sep 27, 2011, 16:55

GaryB2
GaryB2
2328 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
Huh? I'm not following this. But mu has been exposed for a while now.

Exposed as 78_sluss_s?

Sep 27, 2011, 17:02

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

We want video video video NOW! 78 sluss s get busy

Sep 27, 2011, 17:06

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

meanchico wrote:
I'm pissed I didn't make it to that show. Waxenpith and I went to Laetitia/Beirut and the chatter was rough. At one point she politely addressed it: "this song is a quiet song (Statues Can Bend); I hope you can hear it." le sigh.

she sure looks good though! she also sang a stripped down version of "International Colouring Contest." evidently she also swims every day. just CD's and vinyl at the merch table.

Yeah, and after saying "I hope you can hear it.", she said something like "over all the people who are talking their heads off" and later said it sounded like a train station. I was pretty pissed off at all the talking going on over Laetitia's show. It was mostly a pretty young crowd there to see Beruit and some around me didn't know who LS was. A girl next to me said "Did she say Stereolab?" when she announced the Stereolab cover. At the Abbey Pub show, a girl up in the left balcony near the stage on the left talking a lot, and at one point Laetitia said "I can hear you talking. No, really, I can hear you talking".

I was looking for you, but couldn't spot you. I was with my gf near the middle, maybe 10 rows back. :(

I was fortunate enough to go to both shows. The Abbey Pub show was much better (although mostly the same songs), because it was much quieter and a very small crowd.

At the Abbey show, she mentioned before The Swimm that she wasn't able to swim that day, so I thought it was funny at the Congress show she pointed to her mouth and said "See this smile? I went swimming today! I'm happy, happy!"

I was able to get her autograph on The Trip LP at the Abbey show; she was hanging out at the bar in the back during Sam Prekop. She's very nice. I mentioned that I thought a lot of people got tix to the Congress show before the Abbey show was announced.

We left after 2.5 Beruit songs, and the merchandise guy had left his station to watch the show, so I couldn't buy Laetitia's record!!

Sep 27, 2011, 17:15

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5935 posts

Great update Labhead! I guess she may decide to open for a different kind of band next time, or somehow manage to play on her own. Not only is that probably a frustrating experience for her, but it may not benefit her so much, if not many new sales or interest from that crowd. :( What is wrong with people? I can't comprehend talking through someone's quiet set at a show, even if I don't like them. It never ceases to amaze me that human beings can be that rude and awful.

Sep 27, 2011, 18:43

GaryB2
GaryB2
2328 posts

whats this mu exposed business?

Sep 27, 2011, 20:48

flatironsteak
flatironsteak
343 posts

Labhead wrote:

We left after 2.5 Beruit songs

That would be what I would do too!

Sep 27, 2011, 21:22

MY RETURN
1963 posts

velvetwater wrote:
I agree about the haircut: it doesn't look very nice :-)
But the 60's style little dress is pretty though.

I like the dress too despite her first day of school.haha just kidding. just kidding :)

Sep 27, 2011, 22:40

MY RETURN
1963 posts

Labhead wrote:
meanchico wrote:

Yeah, and after saying "I hope you can hear it.", she said something like "over all the people who are talking their heads off" and later said it sounded like a train station. I was pretty pissed off at all the talking going on over Laetitia's show. It was mostly a pretty young crowd there to see Beruit and some around me didn't know who LS was. A girl next to me said "Did she say Stereolab?" when she announced the Stereolab cover. At the Abbey Pub show, a girl up in the left balcony near the stage on the left talking a lot, and at one point Laetitia said "I can hear you talking. No, really, I can hear you talking".

I was looking for you, but couldn't spot you. I was with my gf near the middle, maybe 10 rows back. :(

I was fortunate enough to go to both shows. The Abbey Pub show was much better (although mostly the same songs), because it was much quieter and a very small crowd.

At the Abbey show, she mentioned before The Swimm that she wasn't able to swim that day, so I thought it was funny at the Congress show she pointed to her mouth and said "See this smile? I went swimming today! I'm happy, happy!"

I was able to get her autograph on The Trip LP at the Abbey show; she was hanging out at the bar in the back during Sam Prekop. She's very nice. I mentioned that I thought a lot of people got tix to the Congress show before the Abbey show was announced.

We left after 2.5 Beruit songs, and the merchandise guy had left his station to watch the show, so I couldn't buy Laetitia's record!!

Wow. That sounds like it sucked. That's what happened the 2nd half of my Broadcast show. Some people didn't know, or care, who they were. People go to shows then babble about their laundry or drama in front of everyone else..

Sep 27, 2011, 22:43

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index