Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Laetita photos from last evening...
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

Re: Laetita photos from last evening...

I have to disagree about the Beirut sentiment. I thought their set was incredibly enjoyable. their sound transferred beautifully live. I tried not to be too bitter since I was totally annoyed that so few acknowledged the great privilage of seeing Laetitia perform. hmph. sucky as it was I felt so lucky to be there.

Sep 27, 2011, 22:47

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

meanchico wrote:
I have to disagree about the Beirut sentiment. I thought their set was incredibly enjoyable. their sound transferred beautifully live. I tried not to be too bitter since I was totally annoyed that so few acknowledged the great privilage of seeing Laetitia perform. hmph. sucky as it was I felt so lucky to be there.

They sounded good at what they do, if you like that kind of music (the sound was set up well). I didn't care for their music much at all, personally, but I do like trumpets. To me, it sounded like something that Germans would listen to at Octoberfest or something outside while eating sausage and drinking beer with their lederhosen on.

Sep 27, 2011, 23:06

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

I checked them out on you tube. it sounded like mariachi meets Maroon 5. interesting I like brass quite a bit.

Sep 28, 2011, 01:28

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

s_lush_s wrote:
I checked them out on you tube. it sounded like mariachi meets Maroon 5. interesting I like brass quite a bit.

cool

Sep 28, 2011, 01:31

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

GaryB2 wrote:
whats this mu exposed business?

http://www.stereolab.co.uk/forum/stereolab/topic/4349/flat/10/

Sep 28, 2011, 03:45

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

s_lush_s wrote:
s_lush_s wrote:

cool

Oh, I adore Beirut. I can understand that they're not to all tastes, especially disgruntled groop-ees.

Try this one (swoons):

Sep 28, 2011, 19:38

Cheeso
Cheeso
642 posts

he already did!

Sep 30, 2011, 04:08

jorbel
329 posts

I thought that this shit only happened at this great place here in Lisbon where I got to see Lae last year.

I think all this shitty people use these places to oversocialize, overshow themselves.

They oversuck.

Oct 02, 2011, 22:56

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Cheeso wrote:
he already did!

I saw them- they are wonderful.

Oct 03, 2011, 14:14

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

meanchico wrote:
I'm pissed I didn't make it to that show. Waxenpith and I went to Laetitia/Beirut and the chatter was rough. At one point she politely addressed it: "this song is a quiet song (Statues Can Bend); I hope you can hear it." le sigh.

she sure looks good though! she also sang a stripped down version of "International Colouring Contest." evidently she also swims every day. just CD's and vinyl at the merch table.

I was hesitant about the haircut, but she rocks it. she's so beautiful!

Did they have "Not Music" on vinyl ? Do you remember?

Oct 03, 2011, 21:18

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index