Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Occupy Wall Street
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1223 posts

Re: Occupy Wall Street

cyberpainter wrote:

Really? And you've seen his films on various topics?

I've only seen "Bowling for Columbine" and "Fahrenheit 9/11". I also enjoyed "TV Nation" during its brief run. He is pretty good at making jabs and pointing out other folks' hypocrisy, and he can be pretty funny sometimes.

However, whenever I've heard him try to articulate his own position on anything, it just devolves into name-calling, oversimplification, and hard-headed nonsense. Those films I saw included interviews with some very intelligent folks who had interesting things to say, but the films themselves were strung together into such sloppy, disorganized, cheap-shot filled jumbles that I can't bring myself to watch any more of his work, even though I do agree with many of the political positions that he makes a mess of.

Oct 02, 2011, 05:45

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

matthew6
matthew6
1897 posts

deadlyfingers wrote:
I understand the urge to vent frustrations, but what bothers me about these sorts of "protests" is their aimlessness. What, specifically, are they protesting, and what on earth are they hoping to accomplish?

They need to conjure the spirit of Ned Ludd.

Oct 02, 2011, 05:46

matthew6
matthew6
1897 posts

I was surprised to find out that Michael Moore is a devout Catholic.

Oct 02, 2011, 05:50

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

Oct 02, 2011, 07:14

vivakomeda
746 posts

Snarky. Ignorant.

I see what you think of people with views other than your own, Mr. Tolerant.

Oct 02, 2011, 08:35

vivakomeda
746 posts

Rebutting the bland endorsement of this nonsense lobbed by the original poster, CP.

Deadlyfingers hits the nail squarely when asking what these people aim to achieve. Ask ten of 'em, you'll get ten different answers - and none of much substance.

Oct 02, 2011, 08:37

Jasonspaceman
Jasonspaceman
327 posts

What on earth happened to the GOP crazy Cybele? Shouldn't he be on here sticking up for these crooks?

Oct 02, 2011, 14:21

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Few of them have insight to true reform or really the nature of the magnitude of the true problems, they're airing their personally complaints which some of them I share but I've found solutions. Reform is the key issue here and these bleeding hearts are a convenient distraction to impeding that action from reform talking place.

fin

Oct 02, 2011, 15:29

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

s_lush_s wrote:
Few of them have insight to true reform or really the nature of the magnitude of the true problems, they're airing their personally complaints which some of them I share but I've found solutions. Reform is the key issue here and these bleeding hearts are a convenient distraction to impeding that action from reform talking place.

fin

the key word was REFORM

that wasn't a fair assessment for me to label those people bleeding hearts and I don't have anything against them.

REFORM

Oct 02, 2011, 15:35

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

s_lush_s wrote:
s_lush_s wrote:

fin

the key word was REFORM

that wasn't a fair assessment for me to label those people bleeding hearts and I don't have anything against them.

REFORM

ah fudge they'll mess up reform, too. oh well.

Oct 02, 2011, 15:36

Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index