Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Occupy Wall Street
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Re: Occupy Wall Street

Everyone who achieves the American dream should be demonized and those who don't are free to sit around and complain, critique, incite paranoia and vengeance when the only parts of the constitution they recognize are the right to assemble and free speech.
They seem to overlook life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
There are nonagenarians pursuing college degrees; these folks could take out another student loan and earn another degree because it takes about 10 to earn a living or better yet join the military. It's that or get their asses on the dole.
They can't blame corporations these corporations hardly stay in the black when dealing with worldwide wack jobs.
Go crazy. live your dreams. you capitalist pig.

Oct 02, 2011, 17:29

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Re:

"We can hardly stay in the black what with worldwide wack."
;d

Oct 02, 2011, 18:48

Stereo Mouse
Stereo Mouse
635 posts

vivakomeda wrote:
Except for those who falsely believe they OUGHT to be free, in spite of their past mistakes.

I have no sympathy for people who are buried in student debt. None.

Okay, so your gist is that people who get student debt should've known better. But pray tell, what can an average American even do if he needs to go to pursue tertiary education, but the cost thereof is so high it is virtually impossible avoid student loans?

Apparently these debtors had no control over their circumstances, as it's virtually impossible to avoid debt in American society. Please prove me wrong if I'm wrong!

Oct 02, 2011, 21:00

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1223 posts

Stereo Mouse wrote:

...it's virtually impossible to avoid debt in American society.

This seems to be the real root of the problem.

Oct 02, 2011, 21:21

jorbel
330 posts

Mu Mu wrote:
[quote="vivakomeda"]"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I believe that we can be happy AND enslaved. But not free, right.

Oct 02, 2011, 23:00

jorbel
330 posts

And then again who is free after all? Aren't we all stuck to our bodies? Isn't freedom unnatural?

Oct 02, 2011, 23:07

vivakomeda
746 posts

If you take on $70k of debt, you sure as hell better be investing in a market that will need you. You CAN get a solid education in the States for a fraction of that cost. I did. Plenty of people I know did. We were careful, we were practical, and we (well at least I) worked hard as hell and lived lightly for years to create a secure adulthood. And even today, I still feel lucky to have the job I've got.

These people don't want to earn a job or a livelihood - they want to be given one. They even say as much. Watch for these words: "DESERVE" and "ALL I'M ASKING". Every article quoting these people has 'em. Think about what they're really saying.

Oct 03, 2011, 00:46

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5926 posts

vivakomeda wrote:

These people don't want to earn a job or a livelihood - they want to be given one.

Over generalizations again. Interesting how people will do that when they're trying to make a point.

Oct 03, 2011, 00:53

vivakomeda
746 posts

I presume you were being ironic with that post?

Oct 03, 2011, 02:23

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5926 posts

Haha, yeah I said "people". So I'm generalizing you and your ilk. ;)

Oct 03, 2011, 04:33

Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index