Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Occupy Wall Street
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Bunker
Bunker
80 posts

Re: Occupy Wall Street

Mu Mu wrote:
Bunker wrote:

actually it was directed at you. you bore me.

You're boredom with me is just a symptom of your greater boredom with life, just remember, suicide *is* a solution.

no, it's just you. you're boring.

Oct 17, 2011, 01:36

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

Bunker wrote:
no, it's just you. you're boring.

And your 15 posts have been such a wealth of entertainment!

Oct 17, 2011, 01:42

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

Who can forget such highly interesting posts such as "Don't worry about it, it's not for you." or "....." or even the classic "i'm gutted"

You are clearly a man of great knowledge and wisdom who has come hear to sprinkle these nuggets out of your distinct original style and generous nature as a human being, we are all the better for your copious contrinutions to the forum, oh master.

Oct 17, 2011, 01:51

Bunker
Bunker
80 posts

thanks for the kind sentiments, 78.

Oct 17, 2011, 02:18

Bunker
Bunker
80 posts

Mu Mu wrote:
Who can forget such highly interesting posts such as "Don't worry about it, it's not for you." or "....." or even the classic "i'm gutted"

You are clearly a man of great knowledge and wisdom who has come hear to sprinkle these nuggets out of your distinct original style and generous nature as a human being, we are all the better for your copious contrinutions to the forum, oh master.

ooh, you did some research. at least i'm honest. you're pompous, boring, and narcissistic. you think you run this forum but you don't. you're friends aren't able to call you out like i can. you want more government, let's start here.

Oct 17, 2011, 02:34

Bunker
Bunker
80 posts

Mu Mu wrote:
we are all the better for your copious contrinutions to the forum

haha, you better learn how to spell mr. intellectual.

Oct 17, 2011, 04:05

MY RETURN
1963 posts

Time poll: Most approve

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20120052-503544.html

A new survey out from Time Magazine found that 54 percent of Americans have a favorable impression of the protests, while just 23 percent have a negative impression. An NBC/Wall Street Journal survey, meanwhile, found that 37 percent of respondents "tend to support" the movement, while only 18 percent "tend to oppose" it.

The findings suggest that the right's portrait of the movement as a collection of lazy hippies who need to stop whining - to "take a shower and get a job" (Bill O'Reilly) - isn't resonating with most Americans.

O'Reilly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGaNoeqPvJ8

Oct 17, 2011, 22:56

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

Re: Time poll: Most approve

Yesterday Quinnipiac University published the results of a poll of New York City residents on their opinions about Occupy Wall Street. A large majority—67%—said they agreed with the group’s ire over economic unfairness and had a favorable opinion of the movement. An overwhelming majority—87%—believed that the protesters have a right to camp out in Zuccotti Park to continue the occupation as long as they aren’t breaking any laws.

Of course, city residents are more likely to be familiar with the movement than the rest of the country, with occupiers popping up across Manhattan from Wall Street to Washington Square Park to Times Square. However a new national poll by USA Today/ Gallup released yesterday showed that while 63% of Americans said they didn’t know enough about the movement to have an opinion, 22% approved compared to 15% disapproving. The favorable rating outnumbers the unfavorable rating by 46% among those who have heard of the movement.

With these approval stats Occupy Wall Street is faring much better in the public eye than the president and both Democrats and Republicans in Congress. Recent polls from mid September—around the time Occupy Wall Street began—showed the president with an approval rating around 40%, Congressional Democrats at 28%, and Congressional Republicans at 19%. Approval for Congress overall hit an all-time low of just 12%.

While the poll of New York City residents on Occupy Wall Street split along party lines with more Democrats supporting the movement than Republicans, 35% of Republicans supported the movement—much better than the national approval rating for Congressional Republicans.

Perhaps Rep. Eric Cantor should have waited for some polling data before calling the protesters anarchist “mobs” hell-bent on ruining America. According to the USA Today/ Gallup poll released yesterday, 87% say Washington deserves “a great deal” of blame for the poor economy while only 78% say the same about Wall Street. It seems that a majority of Americans think it’s DC politicians and an out-of-control financial sector who are hell bent on ruining America.

As the Occupy Wall Street movement spreads, it’s now effectively seen more favorably than any political party. If this helps bend the political climate in this country, then Occupy Wall Street will have been a resounding success.

Oct 19, 2011, 03:47

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5926 posts

Bunker wrote:

ooh, you did some research. at least i'm honest. you're pompous, boring, and narcissistic. you think you run this forum but you don't. you're friends aren't able to call you out like i can. you want more government, let's start here.

Who are you? Hmm, someone who's hinting at the old moderator arguments...

Oct 19, 2011, 05:29

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Occupy Goblin Valley !

Oct 19, 2011, 14:43

Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index