Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Occupy Wall Street
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Free 99% bumper sticker

https://afl.salsalabs.com/o/4001/signup_page/occupyyourcity

Oct 19, 2011, 21:45

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB2
GaryB2
2327 posts

Re: Occupy Wall Street

cyberpainter wrote:
Bunker wrote:

ooh, you did some research. at least i'm honest. you're pompous, boring, and narcissistic. you think you run this forum but you don't. you're friends aren't able to call you out like i can. you want more government, let's start here.

Who are you? Hmm, someone who's hinting at the old moderator arguments...

It's not me, before you start ;)

Oct 19, 2011, 21:56

GaryB2
GaryB2
2327 posts

Bunker wrote:
Mu Mu wrote:
we are all the better for your copious contrinutions to the forum

haha, you better learn how to spell mr. intellectual.

Hey Bunker - I like you already!

Oct 19, 2011, 22:00

vivakomeda
746 posts

Re: Free 99% bumper sticker

I love this.

How many people on this planet own cars? 1 in 11.

We are the 99%. Right.

As movements go, I'm starting to miss Save the Whales

Oct 19, 2011, 22:03

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

vivakomeda wrote:
I love this.

How many people on this planet own cars? 1 in 11.

We are the 99%. Right.

As movements go, I'm starting to miss Save the Whales

Nothing's stopping the others from slapping this on their horse buggy or cardboard box-house, right? ;)

Oct 19, 2011, 22:13

vivakomeda
746 posts

I suspect they'll go on the cardboard houses and tents, which will eventually become abandoned and cleaned up by taxpayer-funded city employees.

If they are the 99%, I am all that much more motivated to be in the 1%.

Oct 19, 2011, 22:34

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5928 posts

GaryB2 wrote:
cyberpainter wrote:
Bunker wrote:

ooh, you did some research. at least i'm honest. you're pompous, boring, and narcissistic. you think you run this forum but you don't. you're friends aren't able to call you out like i can. you want more government, let's start here.

Who are you? Hmm, someone who's hinting at the old moderator arguments...

It's not me, before you start ;)

Hmmm, I didn't think of that. You are the one growling back and forth with mu lately. haha ;)

Too much testosterone on this board. It's like the pink forum isn't happy unless it's miserable.

I wonder if they colored it pink to try to balance out all the aggressiveness?

Oct 20, 2011, 08:14

MY RETURN
1963 posts

Re: Time poll: Most approve

Mu Mu wrote:

Yesterday Quinnipiac University published the results of a poll of New York City residents on their opinions about Occupy Wall Street. A large majority—67%—said they agreed with the group’s ire over economic unfairness and had a favorable opinion of the movement. An overwhelming majority—87%—believed that the protesters have a right to camp out in Zuccotti Park to continue the occupation as long as they aren’t breaking any laws.

Of course, city residents are more likely to be familiar with the movement than the rest of the country, with occupiers popping up across Manhattan from Wall Street to Washington Square Park to Times Square. However a new national poll by USA Today/ Gallup released yesterday showed that while 63% of Americans said they didn’t know enough about the movement to have an opinion, 22% approved compared to 15% disapproving. The favorable rating outnumbers the unfavorable rating by 46% among those who have heard of the movement.

With these approval stats Occupy Wall Street is faring much better in the public eye than the president and both Democrats and Republicans in Congress. Recent polls from mid September—around the time Occupy Wall Street began—showed the president with an approval rating around 40%, Congressional Democrats at 28%, and Congressional Republicans at 19%. Approval for Congress overall hit an all-time low of just 12%.

While the poll of New York City residents on Occupy Wall Street split along party lines with more Democrats supporting the movement than Republicans, 35% of Republicans supported the movement—much better than the national approval rating for Congressional Republicans.

Perhaps Rep. Eric Cantor should have waited for some polling data before calling the protesters anarchist “mobs” hell-bent on ruining America. According to the USA Today/ Gallup poll released yesterday, 87% say Washington deserves “a great deal” of blame for the poor economy while only 78% say the same about Wall Street. It seems that a majority of Americans think it’s DC politicians and an out-of-control financial sector who are hell bent on ruining America.

As the Occupy Wall Street movement spreads, it’s now effectively seen more favorably than any political party. If this helps bend the political climate in this country, then Occupy Wall Street will have been a resounding success.

Hopefully, politicians or the protesters themselves can channel this into actually getting something done!!

Oct 21, 2011, 18:44

hito
hito
1745 posts

Australia

See what happened in Australia
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/premier-praises-police-over-protest-action-20111023-1me7w.html
Riot squads came in and attacked the protesters. It seems like the sixties. The rhetoric, the attitude, the whole lot.

Oct 23, 2011, 06:18

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

vivakomeda wrote:
...I am all that much more motivated to be in the 1%.

They won't have you, you weren't born in to it, Laetitia and I will stick with the activists.

Oct 23, 2011, 19:11

Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index