Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Steve Jobs, Bert Jansch and Marv Tarplin from the Miracles
Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Dara
Dara
905 posts
Oct 05, 2011, 23:50

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

Re: Steve Jobs, Bert Jansch and Marv Tarplin from the Miracles

:(

Steve Jobs?? I had no idea. I don't like today very much.

Oct 06, 2011, 00:00

vodka5
266 posts

i enjoy my iphon,but is it really so revolutionary. its like an old computer.

the apps are real cheap, so thats a plus. but alot of it is just mild fun. which is brilliant.

i suppose hype is a good thing for the iphone. but its not such a revolution imo. so so.

and if it is one, i dont care. i sawa school girl using and iphone on the bus, she just used it for mountains of texts.

the games on an iphone remind me of old amstrad games.

Oct 06, 2011, 00:06

Dara
Dara
905 posts

meanchico wrote:

Yes - far too young at 56 too. It seems cancer did for all three of them - I find it depressing that with all our developments in science and technology in the 21st century that we have not beaten this terrible disease yet.

I witnessed someone close to me die from cancer, and it makes you feel that beating it should be near the top of the list of priorities for humanity. Instead we divert most of our resources into developing ever more sophisticated ways of killing each other.

Very sad.

Oct 06, 2011, 00:20

Cheeso
Cheeso
642 posts

RIP to all.

Oct 06, 2011, 01:20

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Oct 06, 2011, 06:04

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

Very sad.
I can't believe only yesterday I was listening to a Berth Jansch album! I knew he had some health issues but I was not aware it was this serious.
Whereas Steve Jobs had been ill for quite a while and he had resigned a couple of months ago.
A few weeks ago I saw a photo of him taken outside of his house and he looked so thin that it was scary.
RIP to all.

Oct 06, 2011, 10:01

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

Dara wrote:

I witnessed someone close to me die from cancer, and it makes you feel that beating it should be near the top of the list of priorities for humanity. Instead we divert most of our resources into developing ever more sophisticated ways of killing each other.

You really caught the sad essence of our sick society here.
The first thing that came to my mind was obviously weapons and war.
But then I started thinking about things that in a way are even worse than war, because we produce and use them on a daily basis: cigarettes, unhealthy or contaminated food, etc.

Oct 06, 2011, 10:05

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

What sad news all round.

Graham Dilley also sadly died yesterday - all England cricket fans will know him well.

I've always had Apple Mac computers so respect to Mr Jobs

Bert Jansch very talented and influential guitarist. Love this track by Pentangle, of which he was a member. (I missed seeing him live once because I was smoking dope backstage with K**** C******** while he was playing).

Looked up Marv Taplin on Wikipedia - he was guitarist and co-wrote a lot of the classic Smokey Robinson/Miracles stuff, including this:

Oct 06, 2011, 10:31

microbehunter
microbehunter
626 posts

Bert Jansch: - my last sighting of the virtuoso guitarist: About a year ago at a downstairs gig in a small Crouch End venue the size of a broom cupboard. Bert was in failing health, but a very special and intimate evening.

Graham Dilley: - curly-haired, injury-prone English pace bowler. Best remembered for that stellar stand with one I.T. Botham against our Antipodean Amigo's at Headingly.

Steve Jobs: - In our industry Apple Mac's have ruled since the beginning of time: right from the pioneering days of 32-character marching screen displays. Mr Jobs has been an integral part of my entire professional career.

Oct 06, 2011, 11:19

Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index