Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Steve Jobs, Bert Jansch and Marv Tarplin from the Miracles
54 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

Re: Steve Jobs, Bert Jansch and Marv Tarplin from the Miracles

Dara wrote:
MY RETURN wrote:
Dying sucks. The Apple worship is WORSE though. Over the years, Apple laid off a ton. I remember reading about an ex-employee who got cancer. There's still a recession, pollution, troops overseas etc and people are worried about a billionaire who had the best of healthcare. Nice culture we have.

Thank you for your profound and moving insight into the burning human question of mortality Bote. Your evaluation of your perceived veneration from consumers towards the Apple corporate machine, and your insightful critique of its human resources policy is also perspicacious and impressive in its scope and depth. Terminal illness and its implications for in-service and ex-service employment law, and the wider morality of the human resource policy of large corporate structures is clearly of great concern to you and that of course, especially when so eloquently put is always fascinating to read.

Your evaluation of the political, social and cultural concerns over what I assume you refer to in your use of the collective 'we' is the United States of America, is also as impressively incisive as it is disarmingly personal. I find your use of irony in your summary of the culture particularly sagacious.

I must confess to being powerfully interested in your thoughts on the other individuals named in the title of this obituary thread and I wonder if you would please consider again providing your own inimitable perspicacity regarding their cultural legacy.

It's interesting to think that worshiping Apple is actually worse than dying. I would've thought it was the other way around, but what do I know?

I'm particularly interested in how being an ex-employee results in one getting cancer.

Oct 07, 2011, 18:48

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: