Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Steve Jobs, Bert Jansch and Marv Tarplin from the Miracles
54 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Dara
Dara
905 posts

Re: Steve Jobs, Bert Jansch and Marv Tarplin from the Miracles

thomas2 wrote:
Disappointing season therefore?

Are Ajax as reviled over there as Man U, Liverpool etc are over her in an envious-stylee?

My mighty Oxford won yesterday thanks to our vocal support and are storming up to 5th in Division 4, a mere 3 points off the lead! Boyakasha.

It was a bit disappointing yes - especially as NEC played with a fantastic fighting spirit the whole season - it's just that the defence was a bit leakey.

Congrats to Oxford - that must have been a bit of a tonic after the result on Saturday.

There is a friendly rivalry here in Nederland between teams but it is very different. The Dutch love football so much that even if their own teams are beaten - if the quality of the football is of a high enough standard they are happy. I pass Ajax's stadium every day on the train to work - it's amazing, it looks like the Mother Ship from Close Encounters!

It seemed very strange to me after the world cup final - the was such a buildup before the game, the streets were all orange and even ordinary office workers were going to work wearing orange viking helmets with orange plats dangling from them. The day after it was as though the game had never happened - everyone just got on with their lives...

Oct 09, 2011, 19:38

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: