Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
playing now
Pages: 7 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

playing now

Langwelle (demo version) by cafekaput

god it just keeps building. lovely.

Oct 07, 2011, 09:11

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

Re: playing now

and now

Pattern & Shape - Chimera by ghostforestcatrave

amazing what you can find on soundcloud.

Oct 07, 2011, 17:51

DevastatorJr.
DevastatorJr.
961 posts

Oct 07, 2011, 18:41

MY RETURN
1963 posts

The Rat Pack, mostly Sammy Davis lately. Talent in any age:

Snoop

Oct 07, 2011, 18:55

vodka5
266 posts

oh thats dull. sorry bote.

Oct 07, 2011, 21:59

MY RETURN
1963 posts

Far from..Thanks for the insight. :)

Oct 09, 2011, 07:33

thomas2
thomas2
1693 posts

Odelay!

Oct 09, 2011, 10:50

Dara
Dara
905 posts

Janis Ian

My partner and I met her last night in Nijmegen after one of the best performances I have ever seen by a solo artist. I was expecting to be moved by some of her most famous songs but I found myself overcome with emotion throughout the whole of two wonderful hours which seemed to flash by in a matter of minutes.

At 60 her voice is as clear as a bell - beautiful in tone and range, projecting such gentle soul and at times the incredible power of someone who has fought so much injustice with her writing and her music. It was amazing to see her easy brilliance with the guitar too - every note perfect and charged with emotional electricity - truly wonderful experience. The sound she coaxed out of those two acoustic guitars was mesmerizing at times.

Janis chatted with the audience in-between songs and the stories she told of the hatred she faced for writing 'Society's child' and prejudice she has experienced against her personally, was so moving I found it difficult to hold on to my emotions through the whole evening. She was genuinely funny at times too, with a great sense of dry humour.

If you are near one of her upcoming US performances and you like to have your heart and soul touched by an incredibly powerful and beautiful woman who can play a guitar like it was invented for her (and I think there will be a few here methinks) - go and see Janis Ian - you will not regret it.

I loved one of the stories she told of Woody Guthrie one of whose songs she completed after his death - she said his favourite guitar had a sign on it reading: 'This machine kills fascists'

Oct 09, 2011, 23:46

thomas2
thomas2
1693 posts

apt

Oct 10, 2011, 00:15

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Oct 10, 2011, 00:54

Pages: 7 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index