Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
your favourite drug
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

DevastatorJr.
DevastatorJr.
961 posts

Re: an LSD success story

Mars Rover wrote:
coke/heroine/crack...ect, those are "bad" drugs, psychedelics are in another category IMHO.

My story is very similar to yours Mars Rover. My high school experience was pretty terrible, I was a great big nerd and constantly ridiculed for no good reason. Once I got to college I found a group of people I started experimenting with psychedelics with and the experienced totally opened me up. I realized that it didn't matter what other people thought about me and that I should feel free to be who I was. Now I'm big loud and obnoxious and don't care how weird people think I am, in fact, I sort of relish it.

Here are my personal rules for drug use:

coke - I've tried it a couple of times and have to say it's pretty scary how you want more instantly, it seems super addictive. My rule - only on New Year's, if that.

heroin/opiates - I've never shot anything but I did try a morphine pill and can't see why anyone would find this pleasurable. I've lost a couple of friends to these so my policy is to steer clear completely.

marijuana - Smoke it every day if you like, it's not chemically addictive and the negative effects are negligible. It does tend to be a demotivater but what's all this rushing around for anyway? I think the pros far out weigh the cons on this one. It's a big conspiracy that it's illegal in the first place and that's the truth brother!

mushrooms/lsd/psychedelics - I really don't see how you could become addicted to any of these since in my experience after doing it you're wiped out for the next couple of days. Honestly, I really think just about everyone should try it at least once in your life. Free your mind and your ass will follow.

Oct 13, 2011, 13:37

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

DevastatorJr. wrote:
Mars Rover wrote:
coke/heroine/crack...ect, those are "bad" drugs, psychedelics are in another category IMHO.

My story is very similar to yours Mars Rover. My high school experience was pretty terrible, I was a great big nerd and constantly ridiculed for no good reason. Once I got to college I found a group of people I started experimenting with psychedelics with and the experienced totally opened me up. I realized that it didn't matter what other people thought about me and that I should feel free to be who I was. Now I'm big loud and obnoxious and don't care how weird people think I am, in fact, I sort of relish it.

Here are my personal rules for drug use:

coke - I've tried it a couple of times and have to say it's pretty scary how you want more instantly, it seems super addictive. My rule - only on New Year's, if that.

heroin/opiates - I've never shot anything but I did try a morphine pill and can't see why anyone would find this pleasurable. I've lost a couple of friends to these so my policy is to steer clear completely.

marijuana - Smoke it every day if you like, it's not chemically addictive and the negative effects are negligible. It does tend to be a demotivater but what's all this rushing around for anyway? I think the pros far out weigh the cons on this one. It's a big conspiracy that it's illegal in the first place and that's the truth brother!

mushrooms/lsd/psychedelics - I really don't see how you could become addicted to any of these since in my experience after doing it you're wiped out for the next couple of days. Honestly, I really think just about everyone should try it at least once in your life. Free your mind and your ass will follow.

Haha! free your mind and your ass will follow. i like that. great points. never tried coke/heroin...never will. i'm a psychedelic kind of person.

thinking back to my similar experience in college....that was when i discovered awesome music too. talk about improving the quality of life! i don't think i need to "trip" ever again, i believe i've gotten all could get out of it. and thats why its not addictive to me.

Oct 13, 2011, 17:36

78_sluss_s
78_sluss_s
227 posts

Mars Rover wrote:
Haha! free your mind and your ass will follow. i like that.

You've never heard the phrase before???

Oct 13, 2011, 18:19

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

78_sluss_s wrote:
Mars Rover wrote:
Haha! free your mind and your ass will follow. i like that.

You've never heard the phrase before???

of course i've heard it before, just not in that context.

Oct 13, 2011, 18:23

MY RETURN
1963 posts

Re: your favourite drug

vodka5 wrote:
music is the best drug, really.
but music needn't be a drug.
good music doesn't have to be druggy.
i dunno if art is a drug.
but music is good to be high to
people say its a safe drug
but it isn't
that makes it better.
or maybe i'm on one with that,

Certain songs, especially stuff by Stereolab, can give you the feeling of euphoria. Lots of people spend their last bucks on music. :P

Oct 13, 2011, 18:44

78_sluss_s
78_sluss_s
227 posts

Mars Rover wrote:

But that is the original context, the only context I've ever thought of when I've heard it.

Oct 13, 2011, 19:32

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1218 posts

One of the best album covers ever!

Oct 13, 2011, 19:54

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

78_sluss_s wrote:
Mars Rover wrote:

But that is the original context, the only context I've ever thought of when I've heard it.

ok, i guess i didn't get it.

Oct 13, 2011, 19:57

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1218 posts

Good Thoughts, Bad Thoughts

Another piece of wisdom from Mr. Clinton, which seems pertinent to this discussion:

Travel like a king
Listen to the inner voice
A higher wisdom is at work for you
Conqering the stumbling blocks comes easier
When the conqueror is in tune with the infinite
Every ending is a new beginning
Life is an endless unfoldment
Change your mind, and you change your relation to time

You can find the answer
The solution lies within the problem
The answer is in every question
Dig it?
An attitude is all you need to rise and walk away
Inspire yourself
Your life is yours
It fits you like your skin

The oak sleeps in the acorn
The giant sequoia tree sleeps in its tiny seed
The bird waits in the egg
God waits for his unfoldment in man
Fly on, children
Play on

You gravitate to that which you secretly love most
You meet in life the exact reproduction of your own thoughts
There is no chance, coincidence or accident
In a world ruled by law and divine order
You rise as high as your dominant aspiration
You descend to the level of your lowest concept of your self
Free your mind and your ass will follow

The infinite intelligence within you knows the answers
Its nature is to respond to your thoughts
Be careful of the thought-seeds you plant in the garden of your mind
For seeds grow after their kind

Play on, children

Every thought felt as true
Or allowed to be accepted as true by your conscious mind
Takes roots in your subconscious
Blossoms sooner or later into an act
And bears its own fruit
Good thoughts bring forth good fruit
Bullshit thoughts rot your meat
Think right, and you can fly
The kingdom of heaven is within
Free your mind, and your ass will follow

Play on, children
Sing on, lady

Oct 13, 2011, 20:04

thomas2
thomas2
1692 posts

Re: your favourite drug

Paragraph 3 made me chuckle..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/mar/22/charlie-brooker-newspapers-dangerous-drug?fb=native&CMP=FBCNETTXT9038

Oct 21, 2011, 04:29

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index