Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Hello and Kind Regards to all.
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Re: Hello and Kind Regards to all.

Thankyou Gary, yeah you're right about the helplessness, it's so hard to watch someone you love suffer, my Mum was very pleased we went to see her though, apparently in the later stages of the disease she will no longer recognise us, that's going to be very difficult too.
How's Dundee? must be starting to get chilly now, hope all is well with you, cheers Joe.

Oct 18, 2011, 13:39

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Thankyou, have a good time in Cornwall, which part are you going to?

Oct 18, 2011, 13:40

thomas2
thomas2
1693 posts

well my mum lives near the border, between holsworthy and bude, actually on the devon side of the tamar which is merely a little trickle that far north.

we are having a family get-together, my mum, my 2 sisters and me and our kids etc. My big sister lives in Morzine, in the Northern French Alps, where she runs a ski chalet business, so I don't get to see her too often.

i look forward to a little bit of light shopping in bude on saturday, it pleases me how it's not full of nasty chain stores.

I might go for a swim in the Atlantic too, depending on how hard I'm feeling. I don't do wetsuits.

Oct 18, 2011, 14:06

thomas2
thomas2
1693 posts

you're in St Ives iirc Joe?

Oct 18, 2011, 14:08

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Have a great time with your folks.
St Ives for many years had resisted the chain stores but unfortunately now there is a Pizza Express and a Subways whilst on the outskirts there is a Tesco store too, they look ugly and don't fit in, it's the curse of modern tourism, it seems that tourists want everything that they have at home when they are on holiday, I find that strange.
You're a brave man if you go for a swim in the Atlantic, let me know if you did it when you get back.
Bude's beach is lovely, I've been there once or twice, cheers for now, Joe.

Oct 18, 2011, 14:14

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Sorry I didn't get the irrc bit??

Oct 18, 2011, 14:15

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

I mean iirc??

Oct 18, 2011, 14:16

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

What does iirc mean??

Oct 18, 2011, 14:29

thomas2
thomas2
1693 posts

Sorry, internet shorthand! "If I Recall Correctly"

Oct 18, 2011, 14:33

thomas2
thomas2
1693 posts

yeah Widemouth bay is my favourite

Oct 18, 2011, 14:34

Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index