Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Post classic dance tunes that still excite you!
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Re: Post classic dance tunes that still excite you!

Orbital: The Brown Album.
Nation 12: Electrofear.
LTJ Bukem: Logical Progression.
Global Communication: 76:14
Orbital: Snivilisation.

I can't think of individual tracks but the above albums were excellent, I remember enjoying all of them at the time......

Oct 19, 2011, 20:45

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Dara
Dara
905 posts

lereostab wrote:
Orbital: The Brown Album.
Nation 12: Electrofear.
LTJ Bukem: Logical Progression.
Global Communication: 76:14
Orbital: Snivilisation.

I can't think of individual tracks but the above albums were excellent, I remember enjoying all of them at the time......

Hey Joe - where you goin' wit dat... no sorry -

Yes Orbital - I remember seeing them headlining Reading in 1999 (I think) and they were fantastic - even from miles away at the back of the gathered throng. I went especially to see the Fall and the Groop - who were of course fantastic!!

Hey you know what I was going to ask you? - I know that we share a mutual appreciation of Ambient, and I was wondering what you thought of the ORB - for a while I had confused the two (Orb - Orbital) but they are of course two different animals...

Also, are you staying up late again tonight? I have just finished my first bottle of wine and it would be good to talk...

Oct 19, 2011, 22:06

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Hi Dara, my favourite Orb album is 'Okie Dokie It's The Orb On Kompakt' that's probably because I'm a big fan of the whole Kompakt sound anyway, I didn't really go much on the Orb in the nineties although the Ultraworld album was pretty good, the early nineties for me were a mad time as I was doing ecstasy and L.S.D. like it was going out of fashion.
Yes I'll be up late, what do you want to chat about? anything in particular? hope you're well, Joe.

Oct 19, 2011, 22:15

Dara
Dara
905 posts

Dara wrote:
Yes Orbital

No - it was 1999 but it was the Chemical Brothers I was thinking of - how time blurs the memory (and fine wine). but yeah - the Chemical Brothers were fantastic - so were the Lab. The Fall performance was typically dangerous - Mark E already had a bloody nose when he came on stage and only managed two songs then collapsed in a drunken heap backstage.

I felt sorry for the guys behind me who shouted 'C'mon Mark we have come all the way from Detroit to see ya' - I don't think he was capable of understanding the gravity of their angst...

Oct 19, 2011, 22:18

Dara
Dara
905 posts

lereostab wrote:
Hi Dara, my favourite Orb album is 'Okie Dokie It's The Orb On Kompakt' that's probably because I'm a big fan of the whole Kompakt sound anyway, I didn't really go much on the Orb in the nineties although the Ultraworld album was pretty good, the early nineties for me were a mad time as I was doing ecstasy and L.S.D. like it was going out of fashion.
Yes I'll be up late, what do you want to chat about? anything in particular? hope you're well, Joe.

Yes - The Underworld was a very important piece of music for me. It also accompanied voyages into the same netherworld you describe through the chemical 'stargate'. It encapsulated a time - you know - one of those things... One of the guys I was making films with at that time was really into them and I sort of found them through his enthusiasm.

lereostab wrote:

Well nothing in particular - but everything is possible - It's just good from a 'communion' point of view to know that you have direct contact sometimes. I am well yes thanks - my partner and I have had a very important experience today - i hope you are well too and recovering from your immediate emotional turmoil...

Oct 19, 2011, 22:26

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Yeah I loved the 'Come With Us' album by Chemical Brothers.
I saw The Fall in either 1985 or 1986 at Southampton university and I got back stage afterwards and shared a spliff and a bottle of Newcastle brown ale with Mr Smith himself, I was so off my head, I asked him why they hadn't played Industrial Estate (duh!) and he simply said that they had moved on from that and prefered playing current material, I felt like a complete pratt and said nothing else for the remainder of my time there, the gig was great, it was a good time to see the Fall in the mid eighties.........

Oct 19, 2011, 22:26

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

I hope the important experience was a good one for you....

Oct 19, 2011, 22:29

Dara
Dara
905 posts

Dara wrote:
[quote="lereostab"] I didn't really go much on the Orb in the nineties although the Ultraworld album

Sorry I meant Ultraworld - we used to think in those days that there was a difference between the Underworld, the World, and the Ultraworld - but those differences have blurred at the edges more that anyone ever would have thought in the meantime...

Oct 19, 2011, 22:30

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

What films do you or did you make then??

Oct 19, 2011, 22:33

Dara
Dara
905 posts

lereostab wrote:
I hope the important experience was a good one for you....

it was - actually now I think of it, he was the son of a Clergyman - he had a very spiritual view of the world although not necessarily an adherent to any religion - we were busy making a film of a poem of mine about the corruption of youth and the desensitization of people through the prevalence of violent and horrific images in the media.

Oct 19, 2011, 22:36

Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index