Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Post classic dance tunes that still excite you!
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Re: Post classic dance tunes that still excite you!

That sounds really interesting, do you release films?

Oct 19, 2011, 22:39

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Dara
Dara
905 posts

lereostab wrote:
What films do you or did you make then??

Social comment mostly - some of them were quite famous back then - before the You tube revolution, and thankfully I have managed to keep good control of them them because of this, I would only share them on very specific terms, I strongly feel that we have long ago gone through the Warhol era of 'everyone is famous for fifteen minutes' - it is now a really social challenge to remain anonymous for fifteen minutes - so far I have managed that - godzidank!

Oct 19, 2011, 22:41

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

I agree, there is something about the internet that I find quite frightening, good for you maintaining your privacy.
Care to share what the important experience was? no problem if you don't I'm just curious as it sounds very interesting....

Oct 19, 2011, 22:45

Dara
Dara
905 posts

lereostab wrote:
That sounds really interesting, do you release films?

As a creative person, I believe (contrary to the current flow) that the power of a piece of work is dependent on the connection it has with its initiator. This I must say is contrary to what Brian Eno said last week on bbc's newsnight - it was a great interview I will try to find it and post it here. Basically he was saying that there is a move towards a collective consciousness - something I agree with in some ways but not in others..

and he quoted a Matt Ridley's book 'The Rational Optimist' - an interesting read - until you delve deeper into the truth....

So yes, I try to target my work towards a direction I feel it can make a difference...

I am getting very tired now and find typing a ridiculously anachronistic mode of communication in the 21st century - thus my responses will be one word or two from now on tonight... sorry...

Oct 19, 2011, 22:51

Dara
Dara
905 posts

lereostab wrote:
I agree, there is something about the internet that I find quite frightening, good for you maintaining your privacy.
Care to share what the important experience was? no problem if you don't I'm just curious as it sounds very interesting....

you mean today?

Oct 19, 2011, 22:51

Dara
Dara
905 posts

Dara wrote:
it was a great interview I will try to find it and post it here.

Eno:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/newsnight/9608716.stm

Oct 19, 2011, 22:54

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Yes, the important experience you and your partner had?
It's ok if your tired, no worries.....

Oct 19, 2011, 22:56

Dara
Dara
905 posts

lereostab wrote:
Yes, the important experience you and your partner had?
It's ok if your tired, no worries.....

yes thanks for your understanding en ik moet zeggen ik vind het nu echt vervelend om te toetsen...

well, it was our/my partner's son's uitrijking (graduation ceremony) today. It was a sort of multi-dimensional emotional and spiritual cahallenge for us all - it went fantasitically well but there was so much under the surface. It was beautiful to see ho human biengs deal with these things spiritually - It has given us both a beautiful 'reality check' on who we all are in our little unimportant corner of this beautiful world....

Oct 19, 2011, 23:06

Dara
Dara
905 posts

sorry - I am lapsing into Dutch - I usually do when I am so tired because Nederlands has mostly half the words necessary to say the same thing as in Engels.....

Oct 19, 2011, 23:08

Dara
Dara
905 posts

Dara wrote:
sorry - I am lapsing into Dutch - I usually do when I am so tired because Nederlands has mostly half the words necessary to say the same thing as in Engels.....

en mijn Nederlands is ook slecht wanner ik erg moe bent hoor!

Oct 19, 2011, 23:10

Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index