Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Post classic dance tunes that still excite you!
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Dara
Dara
905 posts

Re: Post classic dance tunes that still excite you!

lereostab wrote:
You speak a lot of languages, what are your roots?

Engels - wels - nederlands - my next target is Mandarin - but that is a lifelong quest I think - a dear friend of mine moved to Chongqing. A beautiful country China - I love it with all my heart especially the lead it is taking in space exploration - Major Yang Liwei is one of my life heros - way up there with Alexei Leonov, Gordo Cooper and John Glen....

Oct 19, 2011, 23:37

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Dara
Dara
905 posts

lereostab wrote:
How many bottles are you going to drink??

Half way through my second and still going strong.... do you find it difficult to talk with a drunken heathen Joe? - I hope not - I find it very special to talk with you...

Oct 19, 2011, 23:41

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

China is one of the few countries that interest me enough to want to visit, even as a child I felt a mysterious wonder about the place, maybe I'll get there one day.
I don't really get the space exploration thing, it never grabbed my interest much, I love Earth though.......

Oct 19, 2011, 23:44

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

I have no problem talking with you, I quite enjoy being around folk when they're drinking, sounds like your enjoying it too, so chat away man.............

Oct 19, 2011, 23:47

Dara
Dara
905 posts

lereostab wrote:
China is one of the few countries that interest me enough to want to visit, even as a child I felt a mysterious wonder about the place, maybe I'll get there one day.
I don't really get the space exploration thing, it never grabbed my interest much, I love Earth though.......

ea I agree - but apart from my mate who is now teaching over there, I have another couple of friends who are Paleontologists who moved there in october last year. We are all in contact of course through the wonders of the 'tinternet and through that contact I feel China becoming more and more a part of my soul as a human being - and that is beautiful of course. It's a big country however and they have had some human things test the whole nation's consciousness severely this week - that little girl will not have died in vain - we all think she has changed china forever....

)please forgive my typos - I am very tired but well fired up!)

Oct 19, 2011, 23:55

Dara
Dara
905 posts

lereostab wrote:
I have no problem talking with you, I quite enjoy being around folk when they're drinking, sounds like your enjoying it too, so chat away man.............

I have no problem talking with you either Joe - but I am finding it more and more difficult to type (of course)

But I am happy and I love the world (mostly) - the rest I can develop a love for certainly....

(no need to ask if you are happy Joe - whatever it is, if you love something it is sure that not so much bad can come of it...)

Oct 20, 2011, 00:00

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Forgive my ignorance but I don't follow the news, what's happened in China this week??

Oct 20, 2011, 00:01

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

I wouldn't say I'm always happy but there is an underlying contentment and peace that is fixed in my heart, even when very sad or bad things have happened the peace remains.......

Oct 20, 2011, 00:05

Dara
Dara
905 posts

lereostab wrote:

Part of the reason that humans love the Earth is because of what it looks like from 240,000 miles away, Even the Green movement don't dispute that the full Earth image from Apollo 13 was the birth of the ecology movement - I don't get what you don't get about the human longing to stretch out arms out into space - if we want/have a future it is a natural fact this this is the only way we will achieve it... we could also stay here on this beautiful blue marble for another 5 billion years - but then what?.....

Oct 20, 2011, 00:08

Dara
Dara
905 posts

lereostab wrote:
Forgive my ignorance but I don't follow the news, what's happened in China this week??

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2050081/Video-footage-girl-2-run-TWICE-dozens-people-ignore-China.html

yeah, sorry it's the Daily Mail - but I thought it best for you to see the worst racist reaction to what is an essentially human sory which confronts us all every day...

Oct 20, 2011, 00:12

Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index