Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Climate change
Pages: 10 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

vivakomeda
746 posts

Climate change

Is this still considered important? Or am I living in 2008?

I am the 99%

Oct 24, 2011, 12:32

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Re: Climate change

Ask again in 5 years...

Oct 24, 2011, 12:39

vodka5
266 posts

i'd hate for the world to be dying, 'cos of a mental block.

that would be bad, wouldn't it?

Oct 24, 2011, 17:05

vivakomeda
746 posts

I thought this was all extremely urgent and we had to act now.

Yet in 2011, it seems to be yesterday's news.

Why is this?

Oct 24, 2011, 21:11

GaryB2
GaryB2
2325 posts

Because it was overhyped and based on mixed science. Scientists seem to agree that 98% of temperature changes are natural and man-made effects account for 2%.

Notice how the calamity is now called Climate Change and not the previous Global Warming??!!

The Kyoyo agreement aims to reduce the average temperature of the globe by about 0.8 degC. They have until 2100 to do it.

I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Oct 24, 2011, 21:56

vivakomeda
746 posts

Neither is anyone else, apparently.

Oct 24, 2011, 21:57

GaryB2
GaryB2
2325 posts

vivakomeda wrote:

I'm sure some of the lentil-munchers protesting outside Westminster Abbey are. :)

Oct 24, 2011, 22:18

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

GaryB2 wrote:
vivakomeda wrote:

I'm sure some of the lentil-munchers protesting outside Westminster Abbey are. :)

Not trying to be contentious or anything - but, fucking wake up!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-15373071

Oct 24, 2011, 22:37

GaryB2
GaryB2
2325 posts

I don't think anyone is debating the trend of the last 150-200 years. The planet does this. Always has.

Oct 24, 2011, 23:02

vivakomeda
746 posts

Not debating whether it's real or not.

Debating whether anyone cares and, if not, what has changed since a few years ago when it was THE big issue.

I hope it hasn't just fallen out of fashion with the 99%.

Oct 24, 2011, 23:03

Pages: 10 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index