Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Climate change
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

vodka5
266 posts

Re: Climate change

i ate wrong today. tho though i was eating healthy.
i had load of carbs. maybe tomorrow will be different.

Oct 25, 2011, 19:54

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

vivakomeda
744 posts

Re:

vodka5 wrote:
i thoink if people don care about climate change anymore... well its obvious what would be the outcome. bad.

Well shit, case closed.

You taking notes Dara?

I am dazzled by this man's intellect

Oct 25, 2011, 20:55

Dara
Dara
905 posts

Re:

vivakomeda wrote:
vodka5 wrote:
i thoink if people don care about climate change anymore... well its obvious what would be the outcome. bad.

Well shit, case closed.

You taking notes Dara?

I am dazzled by this man's intellect

absolutely - you betcha! - I think we should email this insightful and prescient warning to President Obama tout suite - 'the lives of thousands' could be at stake!!!!

Oct 25, 2011, 22:42

thomas2
thomas2
1692 posts

minimum carbs, not zero, but i'm trying to max the protein/meat and salad, or rather, not max, but y'know, eat small amounts of that only and absolute minimum carbs.

no refined sugar, sweet fruit etc

it's working a treat

Oct 26, 2011, 00:26

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Nice one man, I lost 3 and a half stone doing that, it really does work doesn't it?

Oct 26, 2011, 01:47

JS
JS
489 posts

GaryB2 wrote:
Because it was overhyped and based on mixed science. Scientists seem to agree that 98% of temperature changes are natural and man-made effects account for 2%.

Notice how the calamity is now called Climate Change and not the previous Global Warming??!!

The Kyoyo agreement aims to reduce the average temperature of the globe by about 0.8 degC. They have until 2100 to do it.

I'm not losing any sleep over it.

(I can't be bothered to read this whole thread, sorry if this matter have already been mentioned)

Gary, have you heard of this nice thing called "The Precautionary Principle"?

Definition, from Wikipedia:

"The precautionary principle or precautionary approach states that if an action or policy has a suspected risk of causing harm to the public or to the environment, in the absence of scientific consensus that the action or policy is harmful, the burden of proof that it is not harmful falls on those taking the action."

Applied to the environment it spells like this:

"In order to protect the environment, the precautionary approach shall be widely applied by States according to their capabilities. Where there are threats of serious or irreversible damage, lack of full scientific certainty shall not be used as a reason for postponing cost-effective measures to prevent environmental degradation."

Oct 26, 2011, 03:19

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

Harold Bissonette wrote:
GaryB2 wrote:
I don't think anyone is debating the trend of the last 150-200 years. The planet does this. Always has.

No, this is precisely what scientists are saying - the latest changes are well out of line with any changes that occur natural. Man is clearly creating major disruption to the natural cycles. The only 'scientific' findings that have found anything to refute these claims have been heavily funded by rigt-wing/capitalist organisations.

exarctly. everyone points to past climate changes. which happened. and are true. and are a basic function of earth. BUT, those past climate changes happened in matters of thousands of years. The one we are experiencing now has happened in a few human generations. totally out of the norm in earths history. just because the media lost its attention span (as usual) doesn't mean its not still happening or important.

Oct 26, 2011, 03:29

thomas2
thomas2
1692 posts

Yes it certainly does work - I am minus 3kg after 2 weeks so steady as I go, hope I can keep it up till my weight is back to something healthier.

Oct 26, 2011, 11:33

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

Thanks for that. Id never heard of that. It makes a lot of sense.

That principle certainly explains why we are erring on the side of caution in the absence of definite scientific agreement.

Oct 26, 2011, 12:04

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

thomas2 wrote:
Yes it certainly does work - I am minus 3kg after 2 weeks so steady as I go, hope I can keep it up till my weight is back to something healthier.

How have you been feeling? It can be rough to start.

Oct 26, 2011, 18:22

Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index