Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Climate change
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

Re: Climate change

matthew6 wrote:
thomas2 wrote:
Oh Man I love Chana Massala! I must make some soon.

Any secrets too share? I cant get mine to turn out good. Decent. Edible. But not good. The one thing I am sure of is to use freshly chopped tomatoes rather than canned ones... the latter ends up imparting a 'tomato sauce' taste. I should really use fresh ginger too.

Mmmmm, food.

Yes, always real tomatoes - tinned ones give a very acidic taste. I was shown how to make a damned fine curry by a Sri Lankan friend (although my cooking tends to be a bit hit and miss) - the only tips I can give are: gently fry your spices (the fresher the better) before adding the onions, garlic etc and give it lots of time - really let those flavours soak in.

And, on the subject of chickpeas - what about humous? Man, I love that stuff.

Oct 27, 2011, 15:38

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts
Oct 27, 2011, 19:10

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Oct 28, 2011, 17:21

lereostab
lereostab
981 posts

If we are concerned about climate change shouldn't we stop using the internet? apparently it's one of the highest energy consuming things on the planet, just doing a Google search from your computer kicks in to action a few hundred cooling mechanisms every time.
I read this somewhere but can't remember where and I don't know how to post links and stuff like that.
What do folk think of this?

If we use a car, use the internet, buy foreign produce and cheap clothes then can we really claim to be concerned about 'climate change'?
I don't own a car but I do all the other things and many more that harm the environment, directly or indirectly.
It's a subject that I personally seem to be always undecided on, opinions please, Joe.

Oct 28, 2011, 17:45

Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index