Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Climate change
94 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Dara
Dara
905 posts

Re: Climate change

cyberpainter wrote:
To read on this board people that think climate change is no big deal, is very troubling.

Personally, I feel that the human race is a show worth taking on the cosmic road.

I have found this apathy troubling since the 1970s. Even the very photograph of the full Earth (from Apollo 13) widely deemed to be the inspiration for the sea-change in thinking about the environment, is regarded by far too many to be at best, US political posturing - at worst, a complex lie to the world by an evil nation. I have given up long ago trying to take these people seriously.

I gave up decades ago having this argument with people - you will never change the views of apathetic self obsessed ostriches. By far the best thing to do is keep quiet about it and in the background work hard to put the issues on the table to promote the debate of people who actually care, and are in a position to do something about it.

That's why I have been involved in the past 25 years with world renowned climatologists, geologists, polar researchers and explorers, physicists and many artists and photographers - to help facilitate the communication of their message through my own work.

I would be very interested to hear the practical contribution you have made to this issue Cyberpainter - it is always interesting to hear how other people can influence things through their own passion, commitment and hard work.

Oct 25, 2011, 12:18

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: