Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Is It Just Me?
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Re: Me

Thanks Cyber, to be honest I don't know what to say about it any more, I'm certainly sorry that you were hurt by Hito and had to go through the experience on an internet forum.
I can't take sides as I feel it wouldn't be right, I wasn't involved with the original incident as you know.
My puzzlement was because of the extreme insults that were being aimed at Hito, that was all, thanks for explaining things.
I like it here and will be sticking around for some time, I wish you well, cheers Joe.

Oct 27, 2011, 17:46

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Dara
Dara
905 posts

lereostab wrote:
Hi, thanks for responding and explaining things to me, I can see that Hito has upset a lot of people and I'm sure he's said things that are hurtful otherwise there wouldn't be such a strong reaction to this thread, I was puzzled by the fierceness of some of the things being said, but I see now that it's not unfounded, that doesn't mean that I think the insults are good, I don't at all.
I want to make it clear that I'm not taking sides in this and will happily talk with any forum member, maybe I'm fortunate because no one has said anything to me directly that has resulted in me being hurt.
I really like it here on this forum and have every intention of sticking around as I feel that every forum needs a God loving Nutjob in residence, ha ha!
Thanks again for taking the time to explain, I do appreciate it, all the best man, Joe.

Hi Joe - this sounds fairer. Hito has abused the contact he has created with you, and through this he has cynically put you in a position of power that you understandably feel uncomfortable with. If it were not for this we would probably have had the chance to develop a fruitful contact in the future, if only about music and lighter things - after all that is really why we are all here isn't it?. I also love this forum and most of the members of it and I too would like to continue to post and read the posts of others here.

For the record I have nothing against your devotion to your faith. I have the greatest respect for the way you have turned your life around, and as you can see from what I wrote about crack-heads yesterday - that means a lot to me personally. I have in the past been moved to tears by some of the insights put forward by 'born again' Christians. In fact Jim Irwin, one of the three people I have met who walked on the Moon was a born again Christian and he has been a life-long hero of mine.

I also Christian friends, Buddhist friends, Muslims, Jews, Hari Krishnas, and many more who have indefinable spiritual beliefs, and I love them all as friends in their own way. When any of them have tried to ram it down my throat though - I let them know clearly that I am not interested in espousing their way of seeing the world - but I respect their views on many, many levels.

Oct 27, 2011, 17:51

78_sluss_s
78_sluss_s
227 posts

Dara wrote:
...Hari Krishnas, ...and I love them all as friends

Krishna friends, are you serious?

Don't they usually stick to their own kind?

Oct 27, 2011, 17:54

Dara
Dara
905 posts

78_sluss_s wrote:
Dara wrote:

Some time ago a close friend of mine became one, and we stayed in touch.

Oct 27, 2011, 18:00

78_sluss_s
78_sluss_s
227 posts

Dara wrote:
78_sluss_s wrote:
Dara wrote:

During my college years, many of my friends found out if you went to the Krishna house at such and such time, you got a free meal, all you had to do was meditate and chant for a bit. I never went, or did I? Can't remember.

Oct 27, 2011, 18:05

Dara
Dara
905 posts

78_sluss_s wrote:
Dara wrote:
78_sluss_s wrote:
Dara wrote:

During my college years, many of my friends found out if you went to the Krishna house at such and such time, you got a free meal, all you had to do was meditate and chant for a bit. I never went, or did I? Can't remember.

I have met many of them over the years at festivals etc - I always found them friendly and peaceful souls to talk to, I also loved Goerge Harrison's 'My Sweet Lord' at that time too...

Oct 27, 2011, 18:09

78_sluss_s
78_sluss_s
227 posts

Dara wrote:
... I also loved Goerge Harrison's 'My Sweet Lord' at that time too...

A very beautiful song.

Oct 27, 2011, 18:30

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Hi Dara, thanks for your thoughtful reply, I'm very happy to chat with you about music and other things, music being the main interest and passion in my life (except for a certain carpenter from way back) like you said music is why we're here anyway, thanks again, Joe.

Oct 27, 2011, 21:05

JS
JS
489 posts

Re: eye of the storm

Dara wrote:

Do you think hiro did a good thing posting that older post and interrupting our pleasant conversation or not? - it is not a difficult question unless you do indeed want to take sides with hiro.

Early in the conversation on the other thread, Hito wrote: " ;) "

Hostility could have ended right there if you and your pal Cheeso weren't such hopeless morons.

It doesn't really matter whether Hito did a good or bad thing, what matters is that Dara and Cheeso used what Hito did as an excuse to do much worse.

Oct 27, 2011, 21:09

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

Re: eye of the storm

JS wrote:
Hostility could have ended right there

Hostility didn't even need to start. Hito wanted to start it. But your blind hatred of all things Cheeso prevents your from admitting the truth.

Oct 27, 2011, 21:23

Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index