Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Log In
-Register
Best [non-Stereolab] album of the 90s?
Log In to post a reply
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

Re: Best [non-Stereolab] album of the 90s?

after reading this I had to watch the Roseland dvd. I stayed up really late and drank a bit too much wine. tooooo fun.

Oct 29, 2011, 05:53


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

hito
hito
1745 posts

Re: Best [non-Stereolab] album of the 90s?

It is impossible. I could list PJ Harvey's - Dry, Bjork's - Debut, Loveless of course, Raise by Swervedriver, Check your head by the beastie boys, Sebadoh's Bakesale, Sexy Pee Story by Cows, Queens of the Stone Age ST, Luna's Pup Tent, Mercury Rev's Boces and Yerself is steam, Faith No More's Angel Dust, John Frusciante's Niandra LaDes and Usually Just A T.shirt, Divine Comedy's Promenade, Trompe le Monde by the Pixies, Sundays Reading, Writing and arithmetic, Underworld's Beaucoup Fish, Stereotype A by Cibo Matto, Goo by Sonic youth, The orb's adventures beyond the ultraworld, Music has a right to children by Boards of canada, Beck's Odelay, Psalm 69 by Ministry, Deconstruction ST and many more because the 90's is my era. But that would be cheating so:

This album really represented the start of the nineties the best, to me. A bit grunge, a bit psychedelic, some metal, prog and more. The second side is an absolute masterpiece. I love it.



The best song on it is:



Oct 29, 2011, 13:01


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

calapia
calapia
252 posts

Re: Best [non-Stereolab] album of the 90s?

Komeda - What Makes It Go. Best pop album, IMO ever.

Oct 29, 2011, 22:57


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Dara
Dara
905 posts

Re: Best [non-Stereolab] album of the 90s?

hito wrote:
It is impossible. I could list PJ Harvey's - Dry, Bjork's - Debut, Loveless of course, Raise by Swervedriver, Check your head by the beastie boys, Sebadoh's Bakesale, Sexy Pee Story by Cows, Queens of the Stone Age ST, Luna's Pup Tent, Mercury Rev's Boces and Yerself is steam, Faith No More's Angel Dust, John Frusciante's Niandra LaDes and Usually Just A T.shirt, Divine Comedy's Promenade, Trompe le Monde by the Pixies, Sundays Reading, Writing and arithmetic, Underworld's Beaucoup Fish, Stereotype A by Cibo Matto, Goo by Sonic youth, The orb's adventures beyond the ultraworld, Music has a right to children by Boards of canada, Beck's Odelay, Psalm 69 by Ministry, Deconstruction ST and many more because the 90's is my era. But that would be cheating so:

This album really represented the start of the nineties the best, to me. A bit grunge, a bit psychedelic, some metal, prog and more. The second side is an absolute masterpiece. I love it.


* Rules check please Thomas!

I thought we were only allowed one - offenders to be banned from regurgitating old threads for 24hrs wasn't it? ;o)

Oct 29, 2011, 23:03


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

Re: Best [non-Stereolab] album of the 90s?

On another day I might've chosen Bakesale. Such a great album.

Oct 29, 2011, 23:12


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

thomas2
thomas2
1692 posts

Re: Best [non-Stereolab] album of the 90s?

The rules enforce themselves. If you are incapabale of answering the question decisively, it's better not to even try! Or just make something up.

I never said people couldn't sumbit 2nd posts having changed their minds about the first choices, did i?

Oct 30, 2011, 08:30


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

thomas2
thomas2
1692 posts

Re: Best [non-Stereolab] album of the 90s?

calapia wrote:
Komeda - What Makes It Go. Best pop album, IMO ever.


Fine choice, man, Very very good rekkid

Oct 30, 2011, 08:31


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Thessaly
57 posts

Re: Best [non-Stereolab] album of the 90s?



Oct 30, 2011, 10:07


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

thomas2
thomas2
1692 posts

Re: Best [non-Stereolab] album of the 90s?

cyberpainter wrote:
:D I'm sure I'll change my mind tomorrow.


Well post whatever is your favourite today too! I didn't say it couldn't change....

Oct 30, 2011, 14:13


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Dara
Dara
905 posts

Re: Best [non-Stereolab] album of the 90s?

thomas2 wrote:
The rules enforce themselves. If you are incapabale of answering the question decisively, it's better not to even try! Or just make something up.

I never said people couldn't sumbit 2nd posts having changed their minds about the first choices, did i?



Ok - thanks for clearing that up!

Oct 30, 2011, 15:09

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index