Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Best [non-Stereolab] album of the 90s?
66 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

hito
hito
1745 posts

Re: Best [non-Stereolab] album of the 90s?

I can't see any of them but they are great albums. I assumed given our average ages that most people would have heard their choices at the time. For me, I can think of only a handful of records I liked in the nineties that I no longer like. I guess my taste was pretty developed by then. I certainly like some things less than I did but I wouldn't sell the CD or anything.

I like the Red Hot Chili Peppers a lot less than I did because they became a stadium band with boring power ballads but I do still give Blood Sugar Sex Magic a spin because the production is about the best I have ever heard. The fact that the vocals are not to the fore in many of the tracks, the guitar sound is incredible and the bass and drums sound so raw. I haven't heard much talk about production or engineering on this forum and to be frank, I know nothing technical about it but I love the sound on that album despite the lead singer being a bit annoying.

Nov 02, 2011, 20:08

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: