Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
On the cans now
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB2
GaryB2
2327 posts

Re: On the cans now

lereostab wrote:
Earth 2
Earth 2
Earth 2 and Earth 2,

THANKS GARY, amazing stuff, can't stop listening to it, nice and loud of course, cheers Joe.

You're welcome! I can't think of the person that turned me onto them, but it was somebody on here, I am sure.

Nov 07, 2011, 10:15

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

revox
revox
800 posts

GaryB2 wrote:
lereostab wrote:
Earth 2
Earth 2
Earth 2 and Earth 2,

THANKS GARY, amazing stuff, can't stop listening to it, nice and loud of course, cheers Joe.

You're welcome! I can't think of the person that turned me onto them, but it was somebody on here, I am sure.

Either Bemo or little ol' me.

http://www.stereolab.co.uk/forum/stereolab/topic/839/flat/10/

~8^)>

Nov 07, 2011, 12:38

GaryB2
GaryB2
2327 posts

revox wrote:
GaryB2 wrote:
lereostab wrote:
Earth 2
Earth 2
Earth 2 and Earth 2,

Either Bemo or little ol' me.

http://www.stereolab.co.uk/forum/stereolab/topic/839/flat/10/

~8^)>

That was it! How you doing, revox?

Nov 07, 2011, 14:45

thomas2
thomas2
1693 posts

GaryB2 wrote:
Lots of New Order and Joy D this weekend.

this arrived for me from Amazon today..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Touching-Distance-Deborah-Curtis/dp/0571239560/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320680143&sr=8-1

I used to have a copy but lent it to someone, can't remember who, and they never gave it back.

Have you read it G2?

Nov 07, 2011, 15:36

thomas2
thomas2
1693 posts

lereostab wrote:
That's an excellent album Thomas, a real gem, I loved 'Filigree and Shadow' too, they were a special band whom I wish had recorded more than the 3 albums they released, cheers man......

yeah I love "It'll End In Tears", has some very poignant meaning for me too, esp at the moment (long, sentimental story ..)

Nov 07, 2011, 15:37

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Sometimes when I'm feeling sad I listen to 'The Undertones' first album very loud, cheers me up every time, but sometimes it's good to just be sad I think, blessings Joe.

Nov 07, 2011, 17:26

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Did you say you had another album of theirs? if so is it similar in style to Earth 2 and what's it called? cheers Joe.

Nov 07, 2011, 17:28

GaryB2
GaryB2
2327 posts

lereostab wrote:
Did you say you had another album of theirs? if so is it similar in style to Earth 2 and what's it called? cheers Joe.

It's called "The Bees Made Honey In The Lion's Skull". It is somewhat of a different style, to be honest. Still very likeable.

The closest music I have to Earth 2 is by the band Sunn O))). Check out youtube for gazillions of videos.

On a more droney/ambient tip (which you seem to like) I'd recommend anything by Windy & Carl.

Also, an album by Oneohtrix Point Never, called "Betrayed In The Octagon", should be right up your street (very Blackest Rainbow).

And, lastly, Flying Saucer Attack have produced many swirly-guitary albums.

Nov 07, 2011, 19:34

revox
revox
800 posts

GaryB2 wrote:
On a more droney/ambient tip (which you seem to like) I'd recommend anything by Windy & Carl

Hm, yeah, in a similar vein some may like ...

And, thank you GaryB, I'm well, civil of you to ask. I trust that you are also well? My absence has been the result of actually having a life. Athough I've still been checking in, I just haven't felt that I wanted to participate: quite a fiasco of late on the boards, what, what? Tsk, tsk, tsk.

~8^)>

Nov 07, 2011, 22:31

GaryB2
GaryB2
2327 posts

That was a lovely tune. I have a couple of AP 7s 'from the 90s' but didn't delve any deeper. Wish I had now.

Yes, there was some unrest on the board recently but it's all over and done now. And never to return - yay!!

I am well, thanks for asking. I couldn't really accuse myself of having a life though ;)

Welcome back, revox!

Nov 07, 2011, 22:46

Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index