Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
RIP dear Vega
Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

RIP dear Vega

Apparently our Stereolab friend Allan, or Vega as he is known here died suddenly in September, but I do not know any details as of yet. Even though I never met Allan in person, I will always think of him fondly, as a very special and talented person. What a shock, horribly sad.

These messages were on Allan's facebook:

Hi All friends of Allan Jones

Sadly Allan died on Tuesday 20th September - For friends who would like to attend his funeral will be held at Reading Crematorium, All Hallows Road, Caversham on Friday 14th October at 3:00pm.

And:

Posted on facebook 31 10 2011

Dear Friends of Allan,

His ashes were scattered today and I left a bunch of roses, at the spot, in each of the colours that signify the love and care and friendship of us all.

Goodbye, Allan. Thank you for 36 years of wonderful friendship. I miss you..and I don't think I'll ever stop missing you.

Much love,

Nov 01, 2011, 02:49

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

Re: RIP dear Vega

I'm speechless! How horrible!
I want to know what happened.

Nov 01, 2011, 02:58

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

We used to do some communicating by way of web cam, long ago, so I still have a good mental image of him and his voice, and friendship.

Nov 01, 2011, 02:59

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
Apparently our Stereolab friend Allan, or Vega as he is known here died suddenly in September, but I do not know any details as of yet. Even though I never met Allan in person, I will always think of him fondly, as a very special and talented person. What a shock, horribly sad.

These messages were on Allan's facebook:

Hi All friends of Allan Jones

Sadly Allan died on Tuesday 20th September - For friends who would like to attend his funeral will be held at Reading Crematorium, All Hallows Road, Caversham on Friday 14th October at 3:00pm.

And:

Posted on facebook 31 10 2011

Dear Friends of Allan,

His ashes were scattered today and I left a bunch of roses, at the spot, in each of the colours that signify the love and care and friendship of us all.

Goodbye, Allan. Thank you for 36 years of wonderful friendship. I miss you..and I don't think I'll ever stop missing you.

Much love,

oh dear, that's terrible Sue. Thanks for letting everybody know. I really liked him.

Nov 01, 2011, 02:59

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

To anyone who hadn't visited his youtube page, he was very active creating videos and especially for Stereolab songs, his love of this band is so present there. He also made some music in the past that I have, and will post sometime soon.

http://www.youtube.com/user/spaceagebachelor

Nov 01, 2011, 03:19

Dara
Dara
905 posts

God - how absolutely awful.

I remember him as being a really witty and positive person. I always felt good after reading his posts and remember having a few very enjoyable exchanges with him. Do I remember correctly that he worked at Heathrow or Gatwick airport some time ago? - some of his accounts of his working day were hilarious at times.

I think he was a member of the Green screen as well wasn't he? - is there anything on there about this sad news that is not posted here - tributes or if there is anything we can do? - I really wish his family and friends much strength at what must be such a difficult time since his passing.

Very sad news.

Nov 01, 2011, 03:22

Dara
Dara
905 posts

http://www.stereolab.co.uk/forum/stereolab/topic/2882/threaded/32238

he was certainly one of the coolest...

Nov 01, 2011, 03:35

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Oh, too bad, he was cool. How old was he, he was up there wasn't he?

Nov 01, 2011, 03:51

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
To anyone who hadn't visited his youtube page, he was very active creating videos and especially for Stereolab songs, his love of this band is so present there. He also made some music in the past that I have, and will post sometime soon.

http://www.youtube.com/user/spaceagebachelor

Yeah it's too bad we couldn't have found out earlier. Not that I'd have been rushing off to England but I would have like to have paid my condolences with his initial passing. Thanks Sue.

Nov 01, 2011, 03:56

matthew6
matthew6
1891 posts

Oh wow that is shocking. He was a truly passionate fan.

Hopefully he is groovin with Mary on some distant plane...

Nov 01, 2011, 04:17

Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index