Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Log In
-Register
Sing a rainbow game
Log In to post a reply
Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

hito
hito
1745 posts

Sing a rainbow game

Red and yellow and pink and green, orange and purple and blue. I can sing a rainbow.

They're red hot - Red Hot Chili Peppers



Once we get to the end of this short list, we could either:

a) stop

OR

b) maintain a list of colours covered and see how many more we can get. e.g:

silver
bronze
violet
brown

Nov 02, 2011, 11:26


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

musicforeels
musicforeels
520 posts

Re: Sing a rainbow game

Well, its got to be Yellow Magic Orchestra next, hasn't it?



Nov 02, 2011, 13:14


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

78_sluss_s
78_sluss_s
227 posts

Re: Sing a rainbow game

musicforeels wrote:
Well, its got to be Yellow Magic Orchestra next, hasn't it?



Red is traditionally followed by Orange, but, OK.

Nov 02, 2011, 13:16


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

musicforeels
musicforeels
520 posts

Re: Sing a rainbow game

78_sluss_s wrote:
musicforeels wrote:
Well, its got to be Yellow Magic Orchestra next, hasn't it?



Red is traditionally followed by Orange, but, OK.


Not in the song it isn't. I thought that was the order we were following, what with this being the "sing a rainbow game." I could be mistaken.

Nov 02, 2011, 13:29


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

Re: Sing a rainbow game

According to the internet, it goes:

Red and yellow and pink and green,
Purple and orange and blue,
I can sing a rainbow,
sing a rainbow,
sing a rainbow too!

Not scientifically accurate, but never mind.

Pink next by my reckoning. Gotta be this lot, innit (and big shout to Forum member CC)



Nov 02, 2011, 13:51


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

Re: Sing a rainbow game



Nov 02, 2011, 13:59


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

musicforeels
musicforeels
520 posts

Re: Sing a rainbow game

As if purple wasn't going to be Deep Purple. Sadly, embedding has been disabled on this clip, but it shouldn't impede your enjoyment too much.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kbyCTPYVaU&feature=related

Nov 02, 2011, 18:11


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

hito
hito
1745 posts

Re: Sing a rainbow game

You are right. Any thoughts on whether we should stop at the end of the song or see how many colours we can come up with. So far we have:

1. Red
2. Yellow
3. Pink
4. Green
5. Purple

and now

6. Orange



Nov 02, 2011, 19:39


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

Re: Sing a rainbow game

Harold Bissonette wrote:
According to the internet, it goes:

Red and yellow and pink and green,
Purple and orange and blue,
I can sing a rainbow,
sing a rainbow,
sing a rainbow too!

Not scientifically accurate, but never mind.

Pink next by my reckoning. Gotta be this lot, innit (and big shout to Forum member CC)



Fantastic Vid, Harold. Dave was quite the dish back then, eh?

No Syd there. That is his vocal in the verses though, right?

Nov 02, 2011, 19:50


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

musicforeels
musicforeels
520 posts

Re: Sing a rainbow game

GaryB2 wrote:
Harold Bissonette wrote:
According to the internet, it goes:

Red and yellow and pink and green,
Purple and orange and blue,
I can sing a rainbow,
sing a rainbow,
sing a rainbow too!

Not scientifically accurate, but never mind.

Pink next by my reckoning. Gotta be this lot, innit (and big shout to Forum member CC)



Fantastic Vid, Harold. Dave was quite the dish back then, eh?

No Syd there. That is his vocal in the verses though, right?


I gather it was actually Nick Mason, who also sang the lead on Scream Thy Last Scream.

Nov 02, 2011, 20:15

Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index