Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
How to (forum instructions)
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Re: How to (forum instructions)

lereostab wrote:
How on earth do you get pictures on here? I see some of you talking about it but I don't understand the language you use.
Can anyone explain in the simplest of english terms how to do it? I tried it on youtube several times and totally failed, please remember you are talking to someone who knows nothing about computers, cheers Joe.

For images (not youtube links that's different), find a photo on the internet that you want to post. Figure out how to get the address of the photo. I have a pc and can right click the image and it says "view image" so click that option. Look at the address bar and the address of the image will be there. It will probably end with .jpg. Copy that address. Paste it here. Then type or copy and paste the other part before and after that address exactly. If you're off even a little bit, like a space or an added period, it won't work. See thomas's post above for that info.

Nov 03, 2011, 19:40

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

Mate - go to a post with a picture

Click - "reply with quote"

Copy the code between the < and > (inclusive)

Copy your images' address (http to jpeg) into the code you copied.

If I can do it, you can. Believe me :)

Nov 03, 2011, 19:41

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

His post says:

to embed a picture, use syntax like this

img src="... full url to image..."

and enclosed that line in an opening < and a closing >

Make sure you take out the ... and also put the < and > directly next to the beginning and end, no spaces. The only space should be immediately after img.

Nov 03, 2011, 19:43

hito
hito
1745 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
His post says:

Make sure you take out the ... and also put the < and > directly next to the beginning and end, no spaces. The only space should be immediately after img.

So

What about bold text?

Nov 03, 2011, 20:03

hito
hito
1745 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
His post says:

Actually I was trying to write it

Nov 03, 2011, 20:04

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

As long as people don't start "yelling" at each other with it! hehe But I can see bold, underlines, italics, having their uses. They just can get way over used.

I'll try this

This text is bold

Nov 03, 2011, 20:07

hito
hito
1745 posts

well, I learnt something. You cannot even display it in order with the arrows and word img etc or it goes blank.

Maybe you could play a fun hidden message game like I have done below "reply with quote"

Nov 03, 2011, 20:07

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

What does it mean to "paste" something and what's "jpg" mean??? thanks Joe.

Nov 03, 2011, 20:08

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Ok, so go to this website and you can try some of those things. I don't think you need the paragraph p parts.

http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_formatting.asp

Nov 03, 2011, 20:09

Cybele 21st Century
Cybele 21st Century
57 posts

Damn those shits look tasty right now. . .

Nov 03, 2011, 20:10

Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index