Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
How to (forum instructions)
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

78_sluss_s
78_sluss_s
227 posts

Re: How to (forum instructions)

lereostab wrote:
What does it mean to "paste" something and what's "jpg" mean??? thanks Joe.

to paste is to adhere an object to another surface, like using glue.

jpg=jacking pool glue, it's the way we paste stuff.

Nov 03, 2011, 20:12

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

I'm sorry but I don't know what these term are, url? embed? syntax? src=? what do these things mean??

Nov 03, 2011, 20:12

78_sluss_s
78_sluss_s
227 posts

lereostab wrote:
I'm sorry but I don't know what these term are, url? embed? syntax? src=? what do these things mean??

url=universal reality locator.

embed=is a type of bed, or mattress.

syntax=is the tax the govt puts on cigarettes and alcohol.

Nov 03, 2011, 20:13

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

lereostab wrote:
What does it mean to "paste" something and what's "jpg" mean??? thanks Joe.

I think if you don't know what copy and paste means, which are very basic word processing terms, you might benefit from a basic class. But you can probably find very easy tutorials online. Or a class maybe through your local library or something.

A jpg is an image format most commonly used on the internet. Any computer jpg file ends with .jpg or sometimes .jpeg

Nov 03, 2011, 20:13

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Genuine thanks to those who've tried to help me understand, and to those who've tried to confuse me even more thanks for being such a tosser, cheers Joe.

Nov 03, 2011, 20:19

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

lereostab wrote:
Genuine thanks to those who've tried to help me understand, and to those who've tried to confuse me even more thanks for being such a tosser, cheers Joe.

Ha ha, we've been here before, haven't we Joe? I think it really helps having someone taking through some of the basics of computer use - copy, paste, she as...all of that. If you don't fancy a basic course (ask at you local library) try asking the nearest 10-year old to explain things - kids seem much more computer-savvy then anyone else.

Nov 03, 2011, 20:24

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

lereostab wrote:

Oh come on, 78_sluss_s was pretty funny this time. It was a joke.

Nov 03, 2011, 20:26

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Yeah, I'm going to have to do the library thing I reckon, I just don't get these machines and how they work, cheers Joe.

Nov 03, 2011, 20:29

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

It's just not funny when you're trying to find out about something........

Nov 03, 2011, 20:30

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

Harold Bissonette wrote:
lereostab wrote:

Ha ha, we've been here before, haven't we Joe? I think it really helps having someone taking through some of the basics of computer use - copy, paste, she as...all of that. If you don't fancy a basic course (ask at you local library) try asking the nearest 10-year old to explain things - kids seem much more computer-savvy then anyone else.

I swear I never typed 'she as' there (I meant 'save as'). My computer seems to be taking the mickey with the predictive text thing. As far as I'm concerned it can fudge off.

Nov 03, 2011, 20:36

Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index