Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Kevin Shields to launch new label
16 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

78_sluss_s
78_sluss_s
227 posts

Kevin Shields to launch new label

My Bloody Valentine guitarist Kevin Shields is set to launch a new record label.

Kevin Shields isn't renowned for his work rate. My Bloody Valentine cut a swathe through guitar music, with their 1991 album 'Loveless' often held up as one of the most forward thinking records ever made.

Hugely adventurous, My Bloody Valentine decided to follow their opus grande with... silence. Lots and lots of it.

Returning to live duties in 2008, the mythical shoegaze outfit are occasionally linked to a re-issue project but - as yet - nothing concrete has emerged. Now Kevin Shields has revealed that he is preparing to launch his own record label.

NME reports that the guitarist has helped set up the Pickpocket imprint with his friend Charlotte Marionneau. The label's first release will be an EP by Marionneau's band Le Volume Courbe, with more music forthcoming.

"I was like 'I'll just get rid of a few pedals that I've had lying around for ten years and we'll start a label'" Shields told the NME.

Of course, what fans really want is new music from Kevin Shields. Aside from the odd bit of soundtrack and a spell with Primal Scream, the guitarist has released little in almost two decades.

My Bloody Valentine won't be appearing on the label, although Kevin Shields is apparently working on a new track. "It's ten minutes of noise. We thought we could put it out as a 10-inch" he revealed.

Le Volume Courbe are set to release new EP 'Theodaurus Rex' on November 14th. There is no release date for any new material from Kevin Shields.

Nov 04, 2011, 13:00