Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Laetitia Under The Radar Interview
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

Re: Laetitia Under The Radar Interview

Harold Bissonette wrote:
cyberpainter wrote:
meanchico wrote:

Laetitia’s sentiments were interesting. Clearly she’s got some beef with the most recent Lab line-up. I suppose that sort of tension is inevitable.

Either that, or maybe she's basically saying she doesn't want things to stay the same.

I thought that Andy Ramsay had left the group around the time they announced the hiatus thing - didn't I read that in an interview somewhere?

Not sure if that was a heat of the battle thing and he'd be part of any new group stuff or if they would have to get a new drummer in...

Yes (answers own question), it says so here:
http://exclaim.ca/News/Stereolab_Might_Take_It_to_Studio_Once_Again_Says_Laetitia_Sadier

Nov 07, 2011, 16:59

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

meanchico wrote:
Wow, so we’ll have a Broadcast proper album to look forward to and a solo effort? His words make the nostalgic romantic in me quite sad, but I’m elated to hear that he’s moving forward and we can still enjoy his work.

My sentiments exactly.

Nov 07, 2011, 17:40

vivakomeda
744 posts

Yeah, from what I've gathered Ramsay left the group and there was some disagreement between Gane and someone else (presumably Andy, maybe others as well) on some of the arrangements and instrumentation on the last tour.

In a way I wsa glad to hear this because I thought they sounded really off when I saw them last.

Nov 07, 2011, 21:52

matthew6
matthew6
1891 posts

Seems like Laetitia is open to a reinvention? Sounds quite positive actually....

Monolab? :)

Nov 07, 2011, 22:11

jorbel
329 posts

matthew6 wrote:
Seems like Laetitia is open to a reinvention? Sounds quite positive actually....

Monolab sounds adorable to me, and yes, it's pretty much true because I don't think that Lae is dissociable from Lab!

:)

Nov 08, 2011, 14:21

mikka000
1083 posts

i reckon Lae had problems with that ugly guy that played keys and fake vibes on the last tour.
thoughts?

Nov 09, 2011, 05:00

vivakomeda
744 posts

I certainly had problems with him. I guess it's not his fault that he was playing these tacky, cheesy electric pianos and cheap synthesizer things but it really screwed up the sound.

What he did to Cybele's Reverie actually had me apologise to the people I was with. "Sorry, I swear it's usually a great song". Urgh...

Nov 09, 2011, 10:36

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

Leave Joe Watson alone!!!
He doesn't give me the impression of somebody who is difficult to get on with, but who knows.
More importantly he is a good musician and he is also a talented sound engineer (he recorded everything Stereolab did after MARGERINE plus some other related stuff like Monade, Imitation Electric Piano and High Llamas).
Also check out his own project Junior Electronics.
It's a very good record.

http://www.myspace.com/juniorelectronics

Nov 09, 2011, 11:18

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

velvetwater wrote:
Leave Joe Watson alone!!!
He doesn't give me the impression of somebody who is difficult to get on with, but who knows.
More importantly he is a good musician and he is also a talented sound engineer (he recorded everything Stereolab did after MARGERINE plus some other related stuff like Monade, Imitation Electric Piano and High Llamas).
Also check out his own project Junior Electronics.
It's a very good record.

http://www.myspace.com/juniorelectronics

I tried to get hold of it before. Only available via paypal account (which I don't have) as I recall. The myspace page not really working. Does anyone know where I can get hold of this - CD (preferably) or iTunes?

Nov 09, 2011, 11:31

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

matthew6 wrote:

if the reunite, i hope it's only the core members...Andy, Tim, Simon, & Lae. Don't call the Joe Watsonsface of the world.

Nov 09, 2011, 14:21

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index