Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Laetitia Under The Radar Interview
68 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5921 posts

Re: Laetitia Under The Radar Interview

Well it certainly isn't that way with visual art. Maybe that's an art that can be done over longer periods of time, and expertise builds and improves. I'm skeptical about the arguments here. Much of rock music is about adolescent angst. So 50 year olds tend to look ridiculous doing that. And if they just do a rehash of older stuff that's not being creative. However a lot of the bands mentioned here went down the tubes long before the artists were 50. It wasn't age that did it. You can try to blame that, but I doubt if that's all there is to it. There are so many kinds of music out there. So many musicians are doing the "in" thing, and then they are "out". I don't care about any of that music.

Ok, here's an example: Joyce.

And voices don't necessarily go in your 50's, that's bull. Think of how many gravely singers people here listen to. People's voices get deeper and more mature, but not necessary go to pot.

And I wonder how anyone can dismiss jazz musicians? Just because it's not what some people here listen to doesn't mean it's not relevant to the conversation.

Nov 11, 2011, 04:36

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: