Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Why So Expensive?
22 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5928 posts

Re: Why So Expensive?

waxenpith wrote:

Dont quote me but one of my employees is in a major labled signed band, who will remain nameless and they barely make 25-50 cents per cd, which sell for between 14.99 and 19.99 canadian. all the other money is in packaging, marketing, cost of recording, shipping + the Brick and mortar store (us) making a profit off of it. which is generally less than 30% often less than 10% sometimes nothing.

waxenpith wrote:
he said getting approved for itunes is a privledge in its own. One that apparently gets you no money. Mind you there may be a threshold or certain amount of sales before they cut you a cheque. I am unsure of the details of it, but they are gaining interest on the artists money from the artists product.. you know what i mean? Kinda sad. it really de-demonises illegal downloads. and re-demonises legal paid sites. At least for those who are at the very least anti-establishment/anti-capatists and im sure there are a few of them here.

I will pay Top Dollar for a product i beleive in. However the artists should be making the majority of that dollar. And that is sadly not the case. And hasnt been for a very long time.

What? Maybe I'm misunderstanding. Itunes sells band's music and they don't see ANY of it? That can't be right.

I'm an artist (not very active) but anyway, after paying for printing and packaging, I don't make much off each print. It's why a gallery/label is nice for volume of sales. But it's gotten worse for musicians, no doubt.

Oct 05, 2008, 10:07