Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Why So Expensive?
22 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Re: Why So Expensive?

Bytor Peltor wrote:
cybele wrote:
Enter file sharing. Am I an asshole, or does spending +$10,000 in the first half of my lifetime warrant never having to buy music again in part Deux?

I'll go to more shows, I swear it. I'll buy the tickets. What kind of royalties does Laetitia and Tim get from a CD?

Please advise,
Robert

I don't follow the logic here. You've been buying music for a long time. I'm sure you have quite a collection, but it's hard for me to connect the dots on how that equals you to free music now? I don't mind downloading, but it sounds as if you are trying to justify your actions. You mentioned that you are in accounting. Let's take a job / client you worked on a month or so ago. They come to you and need something next month......surely they wouldn't expect for you to work on something new just because they paid you for something in the past.

Back when purchasing music was the ONLY method of acquisition, I used to fantasize about going hogwild into the record store with unlimited funds, picking out anything and everything I had even a fleeting interest in. Now, that this is essentially the case, I think it's great, but I'm under no illusion that I in any way deserve it, and regularly feel pangs of guilt (which does regularly prompt me to buy!!).

Oct 06, 2008, 15:44