Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Why So Expensive?
22 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

guero
170 posts

Re: itunes Royalties

calapia wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised in the least to find out that Laetitia or Simon, or anyone else from the Lab have other jobs.

I had an conversation with the IEP bassist on OiNK once, and he said that Simon was a musical teacher of some kind...

I think it's strange that some/most of the Stereolab members need other jobs. I believe they are a more internationally famous band than Motorpsycho so they should earn more money. It could be that Tim earns most of the money since he takes all credit for song writing (besides lyrics), and MP might share the money more equally. Motorpsycho tour more that Stereolab though and I know that they earn pretty much on merch...

A guy I know once said that all music should be free and no bands should earn any money. That way all the "only-in-it-for-the-money" bands would be history and only bands who makes music for the pleasure of making music would run the show. Not saying I agree though...

Oct 06, 2008, 15:52