Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
BOSE Acoustic Wave Music System
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Re: BOSE Acoustic Wave Music System

my dad would punch me if I said that was his greatest hit.

Nov 15, 2011, 03:52

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

lereostab
lereostab
981 posts

That's pretty cool, I liked the way it changed direction after a couple of minutes, you can hear the trumpet clearly too, I've not heard of that band before they sounded fairly experimental to a point what with the sampling and messing with the speed, what year was it?

Nov 15, 2011, 03:53

lereostab
lereostab
981 posts

My favourite Miles album has to be 'In A Silent Way' and I really like 'Milestones' and 'A Tribute To Jack Johnson' of course 'A Kind Of Blue' is amazing too, i went through a phase about 6 months back where I was only listening to Jazz, Mingus, Davis, Coltrane and the like, I seem to explore different genres for a good few months and then move into something totally different again, do you do that? blessings to ya, Joe

Nov 15, 2011, 03:59

lereostab
lereostab
981 posts

That would make a good t-shirt.....

Nov 15, 2011, 04:02

lereostab
lereostab
981 posts

Ha ha!

Nov 15, 2011, 04:02

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

lereostab wrote:
That's pretty cool, I liked the way it changed direction after a couple of minutes, you can hear the trumpet clearly too, I've not heard was in college, he of that band before they sounded fairly experimental to a point what with the sampling and messing with the speed, what year was it?

That's my fave piece of my dad because it's a nice classical showpiece!! ha! His playing there is so spot on and the speed I just love the piece I'm so proud not because it's pop. just because my dad is so young and classical. and I know he was practicing Atlantic when chosen, in my home, and I love his form here. it's not his best. It's his youngest and it's perfect.

Nov 15, 2011, 04:05

lereostab
lereostab
981 posts

Yes that's something to really cherish, great stuff, what year was it done?

Nov 15, 2011, 04:10

lereostab
lereostab
981 posts

Sorry I've just seen it says 1968, I was only 1 year old.....

Nov 15, 2011, 04:14

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

I imagine 1967 when my dad was in high school. I might be wrong. I don't have definite answers on this except that my father is named as a studio musician in the lyrics. I don't wan't to talk too much about it. Presumably, my father was at practice.
I have a notion my grandfather was a composer. Who I have no idea. A one hit wonder rest his soul.

Nov 15, 2011, 04:41

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

s_lush_s wrote:
I imagine 1967 when my dad was in high school. I might be wrong. I don't have definite answers on this except that my father is named as a studio musician in the lyrics. I don't wan't to talk too much about it. Presumably, my father was at practice.
I have a notion my grandfather was a composer. Who I have no idea. A one hit wonder rest his soul.

But I know that is my father.

Nov 15, 2011, 04:42

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index