Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Log In
-Register
Membership stocktake
Log In to post a reply
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Dara
Dara
905 posts

Re: Membership stocktake

cyberpainter wrote:
Dara wrote:
I'm not surprised he took it down - he must have thought it was made 'dirty' by the negativity he received...

But maybe he just moved on - that can happen too.


Wow that would be pretty extreme, can't imagine that's the case. Letting a few grumps on a message board influence whether you keep up a beautiful website? I suspected it was the cost, but what do I know.


I really don't want to dredge anything up with this, but facts are facts - eh? this was the beginning of it:
http://www.stereolab.co.uk/forum/stereolab/topic/1958/threaded/

and more of it here:
http://www.stereolab.co.uk/forum/stereolab/topic/1485/threaded/

I can't remember how it all ended and I can't be bothered searching any more threads, but I recall this was the start of the problems...

Nov 16, 2011, 19:57


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Re: Membership stocktake

Dara wrote:
cyberpainter wrote:
Dara wrote:
I'm not surprised he took it down - he must have thought it was made 'dirty' by the negativity he received...

But maybe he just moved on - that can happen too.


Wow that would be pretty extreme, can't imagine that's the case. Letting a few grumps on a message board influence whether you keep up a beautiful website? I suspected it was the cost, but what do I know.


I really don't want to dredge anything up with this, but facts are facts - eh? this was the beginning of it:
http://www.stereolab.co.uk/forum/stereolab/topic/1958/threaded/

and more of it here:
http://www.stereolab.co.uk/forum/stereolab/topic/1485/threaded/

I can't remember how it all ended and I can't be bothered searching any more threads, but I recall this was the start of the problems...



That one guy revox was being very rude, but basil gave as good as he got. And he was selling stuff, people talk about prices. It did turn into a heated exchange between the two of them. But it certainly wasn't a gang of people against basil, certainly no reason the board could be blamed for him taking his site down.

Nov 16, 2011, 20:41


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Dara
Dara
905 posts

Re: Membership stocktake

cyberpainter wrote:
Dara wrote:
cyberpainter wrote:
Dara wrote:
I'm not surprised he took it down - he must have thought it was made 'dirty' by the negativity he received...

But maybe he just moved on - that can happen too.


Wow that would be pretty extreme, can't imagine that's the case. Letting a few grumps on a message board influence whether you keep up a beautiful website? I suspected it was the cost, but what do I know.


I really don't want to dredge anything up with this, but facts are facts - eh? this was the beginning of it:
http://www.stereolab.co.uk/forum/stereolab/topic/1958/threaded/

and more of it here:
http://www.stereolab.co.uk/forum/stereolab/topic/1485/threaded/

I can't remember how it all ended and I can't be bothered searching any more threads, but I recall this was the start of the problems...



That one guy revox was being very rude, but basil gave as good as he got. And he was selling stuff, people talk about prices. It did turn into a heated exchange between the two of them. But it certainly wasn't a gang of people against basil, certainly no reason the board could be blamed for him taking his site down.


Well perhaps. I can't imagine he was very happy about it or inspired to give freely of any more of his time again in support of the groop and their fans.

It would be very nice to hear from Basil again though that's for sure!.

Nov 16, 2011, 20:48


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

Re: Membership stocktake

Ah, revass-gate. I remember it well :)

It would certainly be a boring little board if it was completely devoid of heated discourse.

Revox made a welcome return recently!

Nov 16, 2011, 20:53


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Dara
Dara
905 posts

Re: Membership stocktake

GaryB2 wrote:
It would certainly be a boring little board if it was completely devoid of heated discourse.


Agreed - a 'church social' it is not ;o)

Nov 16, 2011, 20:57


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Re: Membership stocktake

Dara wrote:

Well perhaps. I can't imagine he was very happy about it or inspired to give freely of any more of his time again in support of the groop and their fans.

It would be very nice to hear from Basil again though that's for sure!.


Well again, the groop and their fans are not the same as one guy.

Nov 16, 2011, 21:54


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Dara
Dara
905 posts

Re: Membership stocktake

cyberpainter wrote:
Dara wrote:

Well perhaps. I can't imagine he was very happy about it or inspired to give freely of any more of his time again in support of the groop and their fans.

It would be very nice to hear from Basil again though that's for sure!.


Well again, the groop and their fans are not the same as one guy.



Maybe we had better ask Basil that if he ever comes back. As you well know it is never a case of 'just one guy' on here. Sides are taken, alliances are made. Even though these alliances are largely unvoiced and manifest themselves as a few sarcastic asides here and there, their effect is pretty powerful, as many have complained about in the past - mentioning no names of course :p

Nov 17, 2011, 01:45


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

Re: Membership stocktake

Basil has quite a history here, and he regularly takes months of hiatus.

Nov 17, 2011, 02:37


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Re: Membership stocktake

hito wrote:
Looking at those old posts made me wonder how many active members we have on this forum. Here is the list I came up with. Some are probably the same person and others may no longer be active. I am sure I missed some. Copy and paste the list into Word or similar to change it if you think I have it wrong.

1. Deadlyfingers
2. GaryB/2
3. Hito
4. Meanchico
5. Thomas
6. Cyberpainter
7. Kazak
8. My return
9. Rael_ / cheeso / squirrel
10. Dara
11. Xperceptor / jauntymonty / raygun
12. Nsc238b
13. Harold Bissonette
14. Devastator jr
15. Musicforeels
16. Lereostab
17. Babylon
18. S_lush_s / eddy chargeman
19. labhead
20. Vodka5
21. C in dc
22. Matthew 6
23. Wracket
24. Stereomouse
25. Vivakomeda
26. Booklover
27. JS
28. Microbehunter
29. Mu mu / 78 slussss
30. Mars rover
31. Corporalclegg
32. Mikka000
33. Hobochang
34. Revox
35. Archigram
36. Calapia
37. Jorbel
38. The greatest
39. Normsk
40. Mozart breath
41. Velvetwater

Not sure if they are still active
1. mitchervan
2. Icepulse


I was shorted at Hito's stocktake! I'm going to report this.

Nov 17, 2011, 03:06


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Re: Membership stocktake

Dara wrote:
cyberpainter wrote:
Dara wrote:

Well perhaps. I can't imagine he was very happy about it or inspired to give freely of any more of his time again in support of the groop and their fans.

It would be very nice to hear from Basil again though that's for sure!.


Well again, the groop and their fans are not the same as one guy.



Maybe we had better ask Basil that if he ever comes back. As you well know it is never a case of 'just one guy' on here. Sides are taken, alliances are made. Even though these alliances are largely unvoiced and manifest themselves as a few sarcastic asides here and there, their effect is pretty powerful, as many have complained about in the past - mentioning no names of course :p



I read the two links you gave me, and unless I missed something, none of it sounded like lots of people ganging up on Basil. Just one curmudgeon guy. So I guess I'd need to see evidence before I agree with your assessment of unnamed people on here being sarcastic to him and driving him away and leading to him deleting his webpage. And ps, if he does come back I wouldn't waste his time dredging up something like that.

Nov 17, 2011, 05:04

Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index