Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Log In
-Register
Membership stocktake
Log In to post a reply
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Dara
Dara
905 posts

Re: Membership stocktake

cyberpainter wrote:
Dara wrote:
cyberpainter wrote:
Dara wrote:

Well perhaps. I can't imagine he was very happy about it or inspired to give freely of any more of his time again in support of the groop and their fans.

It would be very nice to hear from Basil again though that's for sure!.


Well again, the groop and their fans are not the same as one guy.



Maybe we had better ask Basil that if he ever comes back. As you well know it is never a case of 'just one guy' on here. Sides are taken, alliances are made. Even though these alliances are largely unvoiced and manifest themselves as a few sarcastic asides here and there, their effect is pretty powerful, as many have complained about in the past - mentioning no names of course :p



I read the two links you gave me, and unless I missed something, none of it sounded like lots of people ganging up on Basil. Just one curmudgeon guy. So I guess I'd need to see evidence before I agree with your assessment of unnamed people on here being sarcastic to him and driving him away and leading to him deleting his webpage. And ps, if he does come back I wouldn't waste his time dredging up something like that.


ok.

Nov 17, 2011, 05:08


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Re: Membership stocktake

This post is classic.

Nov 17, 2011, 18:44


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Dara
Dara
905 posts

Re: Membership stocktake

s_lush_s wrote:
This post is classic.


Classic Cyberpainter or classic Dara Slushy? - I don't think it is classic Dara - but then I am done fighting on here. It's strictly 'church social' for me for a while now - until someone rattles my cage loudly enough again that is....

Nov 17, 2011, 21:57


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Dara
Dara
905 posts

Re: Membership stocktake

BTW - what's happened to the forum? - it has gone bananas in the last 24 hours!! - a whole front page of posts only from TODAY!. Now that surely hasn't happened for a good long while has it? - it is reminiscent of the halcyon days of the old green forum with its quaint old swirly thing and the jingly jangly ...sudden stars!

ahhh those were the days...

Nov 17, 2011, 22:33


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

mikka000
1083 posts

Re: Membership stocktake

i knew u would, braveheart! :D

Nov 17, 2011, 22:57


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Re: Membership stocktake

Dara wrote:
s_lush_s wrote:
This post is classic.


Classic Cyberpainter or classic Dara Slushy? - I don't think it is classic Dara - but then I am done fighting on here. It's strictly 'church social' for me for a while now - until someone rattles my cage loudly enough again that is....



It's classic Dara ! You're right there is a little bit of a quilting bee/church social quality to this thread- now that you've brought that to my attention. The schadenfreude that Basil wasn't run off by an angry gang of cyber-bullies. Grabs beret. Snap. That is a damned shame. You should contact him Dara. See if he has any more of his collection for sale. :)

Nov 18, 2011, 02:08


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Dara
Dara
905 posts

Re: Membership stocktake

s_lush_s wrote:
You should contact him Dara. See if he has any more of his collection for sale. :)


Now that's a crackerjack of a suggestion! let's put a notice in the next parish newsletter...

More tea Vicar?

Nov 18, 2011, 02:55


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Dara
Dara
905 posts

Re: Membership stocktake

Dara wrote:
... the quaint old swirly thing and the jingly jangly ...sudden stars!

ahhh those were the days...


http://web.archive.org/web/20050827155855/http://www.stereolab.co.uk/

With your mouse you can make it do that swirly thing by clicking holding and dragging it around, and if you go: dee dee daa daa - daa daa dee dee.... it transports you back in time and before you can say lollapalooza - you're travelling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind; a journey into a wondrous pink land whose boundaries are that of imagination...

...I want to wake up now

Nov 18, 2011, 03:10


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

Re: Membership stocktake

Dara wrote:
Dara wrote:
... the quaint old swirly thing and the jingly jangly ...sudden stars!

ahhh those were the days...


http://web.archive.org/web/20050827155855/http://www.stereolab.co.uk/

With your mouse you can make it do that swirly thing by clicking holding and dragging it around, and if you go: dee dee daa daa - daa daa dee dee.... it transports you back in time and before you can say lollapalooza - you're travelling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind; a journey into a wondrous pink land whose boundaries are that of imagination...

...I want to wake up now


Ah, Nostalgia! I'll have to look through that now and see if I can find my old user name. Didn't post much, but I was definitely on there.

Nov 18, 2011, 10:25


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Re: Membership stocktake

Harold Bissonette wrote:
Dara wrote:
Dara wrote:
... the quaint old swirly thing and the jingly jangly ...sudden stars!

ahhh those were the days...


http://web.archive.org/web/20050827155855/http://www.stereolab.co.uk/

With your mouse you can make it do that swirly thing by clicking holding and dragging it around, and if you go: dee dee daa daa - daa daa dee dee.... it transports you back in time and before you can say lollapalooza - you're travelling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind; a journey into a wondrous pink land whose boundaries are that of imagination...

...I want to wake up now


Ah, Nostalgia! I'll have to look through that now and see if I can find my old user name. Didn't post much, but I was definitely on there.


http://web.archive.org/web/20051031084912/http://www.stereolab.co.uk/forum/

Too bad you can't see actual threads. But you can see thread subject lines for different months. Feb. 2005 is the last thing they show before it was shut down, Dec. 05 the first one they show after it opened back up again.

Nov 18, 2011, 18:04

Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index