Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Stereolab: Soundtrack work
Pages: 5 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

BOTE_
381 posts

Stereolab: Soundtrack work

I got into a lot of great bands this way. I've read reviews for the 1st Austin Powers soundtrack where people mentioned liking Broadcast.

I'm curious who else has gone this route, if you see it as a great way to breathe back life..? :)

Nov 15, 2011, 22:18

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

hito
hito
1745 posts

Re: Stereolab: Soundtrack work

As an aside, are you My Return?

Nov 16, 2011, 11:53

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

Has anyone listed all of the soundtracks that the groop appears on? I noticed a tiny bit of one of their tracks in Morvern Callar the other night and I seem to remember they get mentioned and played in High Fidelity.

Any more?

Nov 16, 2011, 12:13

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2133 posts

Harold Bissonette wrote:
I noticed a tiny bit of one of their tracks in Morvern Callar the other night.

Yup, think it was "Blue Milk"

Good use of music in that movie, the scene with "Some Velvet Morning" especially sticks in the mind.

Nov 16, 2011, 14:42

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

How to Play Your Internal Organs Overnight - Kids in the Hall, The Movie sndtk

Nov 16, 2011, 15:21

Normsk
Normsk
318 posts

Metronomic Underground was used very briefly in the film Twin Town.

Nov 16, 2011, 15:47

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2133 posts

Metronomic Underground appeared in the film "Twin Town", apparently (not seen it)

Variation One is on that Moog soundtrack thingie

Nov 16, 2011, 15:49

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2133 posts

Normsk wrote:
Metronomic Underground was used very briefly in the film Twin Town.

Heheh, typing at the same time :D

Nov 16, 2011, 15:50

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

meanchico wrote:
How to Play Your Internal Organs Overnight - Kids in the Hall, The Movie sndtk

Great soundtrack! That is how a lot of people were 1st turned on to Pizzicato 5. It also has tracks by Cibo Matto, Pavement, Guided by Voices, & Yo La Tengo.

Nov 16, 2011, 16:08

Dara
Dara
905 posts

Stereolab had a mention in the Stephen Frears film, High Fidelity. As I remember Lo Boob Oscillator was playing in the record shop and Sarah Gilbert asked - 'is this Stereolab? (yeah) - cool!'

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0146882/

Nov 16, 2011, 18:37

Pages: 5 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index