Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Hito's Thoughtful Insight
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

wracket
wracket
1425 posts

Re: Hito's Thoughtful Insight

revox wrote:
Aye ma Auntie

(NB Wracket - good one for GaryB)

I've had so many alcoholic drinks (the last three of which were thankfully not on my fucking tab, as they were 22 euro geezers from the fucking Hotel Crillon!) that I may not be really on my game right now, but am I to understand that "aye ma auntie" is somehow a Scottish insult? Clearly my Irvine Welsh exposure has proven insufficient to properly grasp this--care to provide a bit of context?

Nov 29, 2011, 00:28

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

revox
revox
800 posts

wracket wrote:
care to provide a bit of context?

I wouldn't lower myself (not in public) - perhaps Mr Google could help?

~8^)>

Nov 29, 2011, 00:44

wracket
wracket
1425 posts

revox wrote:
wracket wrote:

~8^)>

Fannies galore indeed. Good on ya!

Nov 29, 2011, 01:06

Psi-Phi
Psi-Phi
182 posts

BOTE_ wrote:
Most of the times when I didn't immediately like an artist, it was because an annoying, zealous fan.

Really? Interesting. I've certainly responded that way to multilevel marketing schemes and religious proselytizers. Kind of depends on the source.

And I guess, significantly, the Object of their Enthusiasm! (Content, Context.)

The Fanatic that introduced me to Sterolab was undeniably zealous. Thankfully, not annoying.

Musically speaking, I suppose I may have been one of those zealous (and annoying) fans myself, more than once or twice. (Frank Zappa!)(Bob Marley!)(Bette Midler!) Preaching the gospel of some newly discovered exotic entertainment (Peyote!) (LSD!) (Turkish hash!) (Tiny Tim!)

Affections for some of these only grew deeper over time. Afflictions with others, mercifully, diminished.

Nov 29, 2011, 01:30

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

wracket wrote:
revox wrote:
wracket wrote:

~8^)>

"awa tae fuck yer talkin pish"

This is my understanding of its meaning.

Nov 29, 2011, 16:10

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

I'll gie ye a skelpit lug!

Nov 29, 2011, 16:42

wracket
wracket
1425 posts

GaryB2 wrote:
wracket wrote:
revox wrote:
wracket wrote:

~8^)>

"awa tae fuck yer talkin pish"

This is my understanding of its meaning.

Yeah, something about Auntie Fannie and pish-talkin' is what Google led me to as well. So everyone's on the same page here, ya ken?

Nov 29, 2011, 17:12

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

Mu Mu wrote:
I'll gie ye a skelpit lug!

Haha!! You sound like my dad :)

Nov 29, 2011, 18:00

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

Ya ken. Love it.

Nov 29, 2011, 18:01

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

GaryB2 wrote:
Ya ken. Love it.

She sweats like a dog in a Chinese restaurant

Nov 30, 2011, 04:13

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index