Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Hito's Thoughtful Insight
64 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

Re: Hito's Thoughtful Insight

s_lush_s wrote:
s_lush_s wrote:
Psi-Phi wrote:
In the Topic: Cool, post cool, conservative, postmodern, hyped, overanalysed...

Hito has expressed a thoughtful insight into the transcendental connection of Music to virtually every aspect of human consciousness, especially to emotions, thoughts and passions.

If you haven't already, read his original Post and further illuminations of his point. (One of the most interesting recent Threads on this most interesting Board, in my opinion.)

Is it possible to embrace the Art without having to adopt the personal, political, or prejudicial convictions, views, beliefs, habits, etc. of the Artist?

Is it possible that a sudden change in the way we feel personally about the Artist might change the way we feel about the Art?

Music is so personal and powerful, delightful yet dangerous, so intimately connected to our every disposition that heartbreak, betrayal, rejection can sometimes transform the joy of a treasured tune, even 'our song' - into unbearable anger or sorrow. Aural torture.

Interesting to me is the fact that I cannot help but 'like' certain music (art) produced (created) by Artists with whom I would not associate in any other way.

There have certainly been more than a few times in my experience where such an evolution has taken place.

(Michael Jackson! OK. Name one of yours.)

Just consider a Volkswagen or a Porsche. What I mean by this is it's hard to remove the Hitler from a Carerra. Unfortunately. I lived one block away from a Volkswagen dealership and boy, I'll never do that again. People were going bananas. Flipping cars and jackknifing semis. Forget that.

It's impossible to remove. You raise an interesting point Psi Phi and Hito. I listen to classical music. But that doesn't mean that we're not still talking about the French Revolution, The American Revolution, The Civil War and all the accompanying "tunes" and the significance as modern music and more importantly what they original conveyed to the reactionary (subject). But it's not uncommon to incorporate history into the perspective of an era and being detached from it formulate an opinion that isn't so emotional therefore a more detached view of the music, for myself as well. I think. I've never thought about why I prefer the busyness of baroque over the melodrama of the romantic era. Could be the political times that lend to my fascination of a period.

You two writing a book.

I won't read any post over 40 words.

Nov 28, 2011, 15:45

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: